OK Kent can ya beat this?

heard about that on Bob & Tom this morning. woulda been a hell of a ride.

I bet those wheel bearings weren't designed for more than forty!

I do not think I could make up a pack of lies and top that...

Man I would pay to hear his side of the story without the cameras around...

OK Kent ever seen anything like this in your years of Trucking?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19088976?GT1=10056

Uh, no.

However, I can't say that it surprises me all that much. :( With the way truck drivers are treated by shippers and trucking companies, the turnover rate is insane. That means there are a lot of rookie drivers on the road, who are less likely to pay attention to things like "Gee, 5 people walked in front of my truck, and only four came out the other side..." or even to bother paying any attention at all before they move.

Do NOT EVER walk in front of a truck unless you make eye contact with the driver first, and always walk far enough in front that you can still see him (and thus, he can still see you).

Do NOT EVER walk in front of a truck unless you make eye contact with the driver first, and always walk far enough in front that you can still see him (and thus, he can still see you).
I'm gonna get killed here in Manhattan one day.

When you have the walk light, the drivers with the green can turn right or left, through the path of pedestrians crossing in the cross walk. Drivers are supposed to grant the pedestrian the right of way.

The unwritten rule is that you should NEVER make eye contact with a taxi driver. If you do, he will not stop or swerve to avoid you, the eye contact has made avoidance your job.

The best way to cross the street is to not look, just walk..... :hairraise:

-Skip

I'm gonna get killed here in Manhattan one day.

When you have the walk light, the drivers with the green can turn right or left, through the path of pedestrians crossing in the cross walk. Drivers are supposed to grant the pedestrian the right of way.

The unwritten rule is that you should NEVER make eye contact with a taxi driver. If you do, he will not stop or swerve to avoid you, the eye contact has made avoidance your job.

The best way to cross the street is to not look, just walk..... :hairraise:

I make eye contact with the cab driver and still walk in front ala Ratso Rizzo. Some of them will not stop.

The problem is pedestrians don't have the right of way in the desert where those guys learned to drive. They also don't care if they hit something. Their insurance is to be in back in Jordan before anybody knows who was driving.

I wish we had the "Don't crowd the box" rule like they have in Manhattan. I wish we had cops that paid attention. Chicago is the wild west errrr... east.

It's called "right of way by tonnage" OOps Sorry your dead, I was wrong, call my insurance company, bye have a nice day.

Not quite, Tom... It's called "Right of Weight." :D

I call it the "Law of Gross Tonnage". He who has the most has the right of way. I know that's not how it really works, but if a boat/ship is a lot bigger than my sailboat, I'm getting out of his way. Right or wrong, in a collision you lose.

Back