OK. Another really dumb question

Archer Jack

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jack
Can someone please tell me the meaning of the abbreviation OP? I've looked all over the internet for lists of abbreviations and acronyms used in aviation and OP is not to be found anywhere. Is the term OP only used on POA? I see it all the time in threads but can not figure out the meaning. Thanks :confused:

i believe it stands for " original post". I could be wrong. good question

First_Appearance_Opie_Taylor.JPG

Observation Post

There are no du....oh, wait, yes there are.

This wasn't one of them.

Per ASME Y14.38 OP stands for oil pump, oilproof, out-of-print, or ozalid print...In the context of online forums though, it's typically "Original Poster," as in the person who created the initial topic of conversation. For example in this case, "OP posted a question asking what an OP was."

Thanks all. Wow. Opie sure has gone downhill!
images

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-7_11-5-37.jpeg
    upload_2019-8-7_11-5-37.jpeg
    5.5 KB · Views: 5
Watched Clint Eastwood's "The Mule" last night.. great movie, but hard to have to acknowledge that Clint, one of my favorite indestructible, immortal film icons, is getting so advanced chronologically. Still portrays that "tought-as-nails" inner spirit beautifully, even if the fuselage is full of squawks these days.

Watched Clint Eastwood's "The Mule" last night.. great movie, but hard to have to acknowledge that Clint, one of my favorite indestructible, immortal film icons, is getting so advanced chronologically. Still portrays that "tought-as-nails" inner spirit beautifully, even if the fuselage is full of squawks these days.

He turns 90 next year if you can believe it.

I can't...looks like he turned 90, 10 years ago

Thanks all. Wow. Opie sure has gone downhill!

We all do. Let that be a warning to the younger people who rely on their good looks for social acceptance and self-esteem.

Around here it refers to a restaurant known as The Other Place.

I've seen the term OP used on at least a dozen different message boards, so it's not endemic to PoA.

I thought it was "Old People". Seems like most around here fall into that category.

(Not that it's a bad thing. Old is better than the alternative.) ;)

Back