Oil! Get your Oil here!

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
Since we have no FBO at our field to sell oil. We decided to sell it.
Currently carrying Shell Aero15W50 and Phillips X-C Aviation 20W50.

Shell: $64.15/case
Phillips: $47.17/case

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:
Oops.... ok, just saw that. :D

I also didn't type it correctly, so I corrected it.

We can also ship via UPS. Shipping ends up being about $11/case to most business addresses in the Midwest. Or I can band 2 cases together for $19 in shipping. There is a UPS surcharge for residential delivery address.

And of course if I have extra weight for fly-ins, or lunch get togethers, I can load some up in the plane.

I'm beginning to change my thoughts on aviation oils. I just completed an annual on a C-150 that has an 0-200 that I built in 1992, using 4 early serial number Superior cylinders, the compression on all 4 were 78/80. and the accessory case was as clean as the day I built it, TSMO 1400+, the owner uses Egon Elite 20W50 and a filter adapter.

To its credit, it has always been leaned aggressively, flown by one person, and has never had a speck of valve problems, running 100LL.

I've upped my oil change frequency to every 20 hours (no filter).

Since it's only 3 1/2 quarts to replace, it's not so bad.

But I'll need to stock up -- I have 1 gal jug remaining, I'll order probably in May.

Cool!
Looks like I need to make a run to Hastings. :D

I can get the Shell for a smidge more at my home drome; but, why pay more when I can fly across the state to buy for less?! (yep, that's pilot logic :rolleyes: )

Cool!

I can get the Shell for a smidge more at my home drome; but, why pay more when I can fly across the state to buy for less?! (yep, that's pilot logic :rolleyes: )
And excellent logic it is. I was thinking that had Ed carried Exxon Elite I would do the same.

Liz -

Do note this price does not include sales tax. If I ship it, or it's bought by someone in MI, add the 6%. Shipped/delivered to out of staters, no sales tax.

So the two of you should meet in another state to complete the transaction!

Problem is, I have to prove it isn't being sold to someone in MI. Cash won't cut it. She'd have to have someone else send me a check from an out of state address, or use someone elses CC# who doesn't live here.

Liz -

Do note this price does not include sales tax. If I ship it, or it's bought by someone in MI, add the 6%. Shipped/delivered to out of staters, no sales tax.

Good point!

*calculates*

Nope - numbers still make sense. :rofl:

Good point!

*calculates*

Nope - numbers still make sense. :rofl:

:rofl:

If we by 1200 cases at a time we can pass along a better deal. I just gotta get the orders coming in!

He would need to borrow the Aztec for that. :D

Cool!

Letseeherenow, Ed can supply oil for ~7 less than I can have it delivered to my hangar. Okay, just gotta go to 6Y9 or some other distant location. All I really have to do is schedule a couple of Angel Flights or VAC flights to make the trip a write-off. That does make perfect sense...

Last edited:
Letseeherenow, Ed can supply oil for ~7 less than I can have it delivered to my hangar. Okay, just gotta go to 6Y9 or some other distant location. All I really have to do is schedule a couple of Angle Flights or VAC flights to make the trip a write-off. That does make perfect sense...

Well, he can have it shipped to my house for the same price or lower than I can get it from somewhere else. Let's see, give business to a friend or to someone who I have no connection to. I'll pick a friend. :)

Well, he can have it shipped to my house for the same price or lower than I can get it from somewhere else. Let's see, give business to a friend or to someone who I have no connection to. I'll pick a friend. :)

Perhaps oil rescue flights are in order. There does seem to be a need to help out all those poor stranded quart bottles of 20-50W that are un-loved and unused, sitting about neglected in the corners of dusty hangars or sheds. :D

Gary

You need to start selling Mobil 1 10W40 as well.

Back