Ohio Charm - KTSO Carrol County

OH Flier

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
G^2
Last one for a while, I promise. Here's a story about a great little destination in Ohio where you can fly in, have dinner, and enjoy the day with a walk through the gardens and a bit of shopping.

Today was a short flight for Sunday brunch. Deb and I flew to Carrol County Airport (KTSO) and the Blue Bird Restaurant. What a charming little suprise. This is not the airport diner on the field which is fine for a quick lunch. You get to the Blud Bird by taking a very short walk through the woods behind the hanger. Just follow the blue birds on the trees, showing you the way.

Settled in 1816, 55 acres of the farm were later purchased in 1972 and converted into a restaurant and shopping destination.

After dinner you can walk the gardens, shop in the pre civil war barns that have been converted into quaint little shops or take the nature walk that has been cut through the woods that leads you to a covered bridge and back in less than a mile.

Something for everyone, a place you can fly to, have dinner and enjoy a little down time walking in the woods with your friends.

If you live in Ohio or just passing through, plan to stop in at KTSO Carrol County and the Blue Bird Restaurant. It really is quite special.

Gary Gembala
N398SA

Attachments

• Blue_Bird_2005_02.jpg
    Blue_Bird_2005_02.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Blue_Bird_2005_08.jpg
    Blue_Bird_2005_08.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Blue_Bird_2005_10.jpg
    Blue_Bird_2005_10.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 14
  • Blue_Bird_2005_11.jpg
    Blue_Bird_2005_11.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 16
I've been there many times - it's a fabulous place to visit, particularly with a date or spouse.

Tim,

Just don't take both at the same time it makes for a bad flight.

An old RAF toast:

Gentleman - Here's to our wives and the women we love!

May they never meet.

Back