Oh well.......

Kaye

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
iPlaneless
Today, I'm supposed to be flying to FL.

Instead, I'm shoveling snow and ice......oh well.......

My airplane is supposed to be flying itself here from greater DC in the next couple of hours. Please, weather gods, please!!

My airplane is supposed to be flying itself here from greater DC in the next couple of hours. Please, weather gods, please!!

WOW that is some awesome autopilot. It can fly itself! That I'd like to see.:rofl: . Seriously I can appreciate your anticipation Ken.

Kaye the truest saying in Aviation IMHO is that it is better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Is it at one of the main airports? Most of the outlying airports are closed, including my home drome.

No worries Kaye, it all should be gone in time for the Glideathon!

Right now it's at Hagerstown.

They're open, but:

Runway 9/27 thin packed snow on runway effective from February 14th, 2007 at 12:25 PM EST

and:

Hagerstown MD (Hagerstown Rgnl-Richard A Henson Fld) [KHGR] special observation on the 14th at 12:06pm EST (1706Z) wind 310° at 16 knots, visibility 5 miles, mist, 900 feet few, 4,900 feet broken, 6,000 feet overcast, temperature -4°C (25°F), dewpoint -6°C (21°F), altimeter 29.49, automated station with precipitation discriminator, snow ended at 4 minutes past the hour, less than 0.01 inch (water equivalent) of precipitation in the previous hour.

But I'm sure you're probably already following all that. Good luck!! I'm sure the plane will also be happy to get to FL.:)

They're open, but:

Runway 9/27 thin packed snow on runway effective from February 14th, 2007 at 12:25 PM EST

and:

Hagerstown MD (Hagerstown Rgnl-Richard A Henson Fld) [KHGR] special observation on the 14th at 12:06pm EST (1706Z) wind 310° at 16 knots, visibility 5 miles, mist, 900 feet few, 4,900 feet broken, 6,000 feet overcast, temperature -4°C (25°F), dewpoint -6°C (21°F), altimeter 29.49, automated station with precipitation discriminator, snow ended at 4 minutes past the hour, less than 0.01 inch (water equivalent) of precipitation in the previous hour.

But I'm sure you're probably already following all that. Good luck!! I'm sure the plane will also be happy to get to FL.:)
Well, the airplane will sit there until Sunday. It's a no-go for today and the ferry pilot has to fly someone to Belize tomorrow, back Saturday. Sigh. And I had optimistically scheduled a trip for this weekend.

Well, the airplane will sit there until Sunday. It's a no-go for today and the ferry pilot has to fly someone to Belize tomorrow, back Saturday. Sigh. And I had optimistically scheduled a trip for this weekend.

Bummer.....

Back