Oh Daaaaaaave... (Taylor)

Then Missa IMs me "I found a twin for you!" and I check it out.

That's not a twin-engined plane. That's a twin engined chainsaw with wings. :D

I wuz there at Oshkosh when the first of the Crickets showed up.

I remember looking down on one taxiing by in the grass, sorta like watching a real cricket sidle by.

They can do amazing aerobatics....

... as long as the pilot is French-sized and not American-sized.

Perfect. Throw some glass stuff in there and I've got myself an IFR twin. How fast do they go and how much can you weigh? How well do they handle a little bit of icing?

More questions....Can they fly on one? If so, what is the service ceiling? Any idea what speed Vmc is?

Last edited:
I dunno, Jesse. There was a cri-cri at the Fly-B-Q last spring and the assembled multitude watching it take off all said, more or less, "that guy has bigger stones than I..."

-Skip

One of these showed up at the Wings Fly BQ. The guy had to pull a rope to start each engine, just like a lawn mower. I wouldn't get in that thing for all the tea in China. It sounded like one of those Cox airplanes you used to fly as a kid with a string attached.

Is it an ultralight, light sport, or a "true" multi-engine? At 220 pounds, sounds more like an ultralight.
Love the jet.

Is it an ultralight, light sport, or a "true" multi-engine? At 220 pounds, sounds more like an ultralight.
Love the jet.

AFAIK, it can't be a Light Sport because the definition is single engine.

I dunno how you'd go about getting a AMEL checkride in a Cri-cri, but otherwise, it should require multi. :p

AFAIK, it can't be a Light Sport because the definition is single engine.

I dunno how you'd go about getting a AMEL checkride in a Cri-cri, but otherwise, it should require multi. :p

Well, you do your AMEL training and checkride in a "normal" multi like a Seminole.

But if you need multiengine turbine time....

http://www.amtjets.com/gallery_real_plain.html

Brian

You put your left leg in, you put your left leg out you put your left leg in and you shake it all about. You do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around. That's what it's all about. :goofy: Seriously though...this thing is easier to get in and out compared to the Liberty. Hah hah hah.

Back