Offering up the Apache for the salvage price

Apache123

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Hey, Steve!
It looks like I have a salvage offer of $15,500. They're coming to inspect the bird in a few weeks. If any takers are interested and show up before then, she's yours.

I'm surprised they're even going to inspect the plane as part of the offer.

If your experience is like mine, salvage is probably the best offer you'll get. The only reason I ended up being able to get significantly more out of the school I sold it to was because of the specifics of the deal (basically I had to wait an extra 4 months with no deposit).

why would someone inspect as part of a salvage offer? It's salvage.

Put it on eBay starting the bid with salvage price. Lots of people look at airplanes on eBay. I sold several planes advertising on eBay. Is it on Barnstormers? There was a guy on Barnstormers under the apache section looking for a cheap one.

If you are going to give it away you should try trading it on a single .

WANTED PIPER APACHE & AZTEC • WANTED FOR PURCHASE • WILL BUY YOUR UNWANTED UNNEEDED PIPER APACHE & PARTS. All aircraft considered Please call or email • Contact John Lumley located Delray Beach, FL USA • Telephone: 561-271-7638 . 561-499-1115 • Fax: 561-495-7311 • Posted August 22, 2013 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad

I'm surprised they're flying it back. All the quotes I got were "You bring it here."

WANTED PIPER APACHE & AZTEC • WANTED FOR PURCHASE • WILL BUY YOUR UNWANTED UNNEEDED PIPER APACHE & PARTS. All aircraft considered Please call or email • Contact John Lumley located Delray Beach, FL USA • Telephone: 561-271-7638 . 561-499-1115 • Fax: 561-495-7311 • Posted August 22, 2013 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad

Message sent; we'll see how they respond.

Back