Off-airport landing near Cincinnati 7/18/2020, all safe

Really? This airplane didn’t crash? Then he really needs to fire his mechanic.

FE3B69DC-467E-43C3-8DA4-1337618424BF.jpeg

The mail box didn’t fair to well. Glad everyone is fine.

The mail box didn’t fair to well. Glad everyone is fine.

For some reason, that mailbox reminds me of Col Potter’s Jeep on MASH after Burns ran it over on the tank joyride...

Oh boy is this guy in trouble. That mail box is considered as federal property and he destroyed it.....

Really? This airplane didn’t crash? Then he really needs to fire his mechanic.

View attachment 87865

It wasn't a crash, it was an off airport emergency landing, in which aircraft damage usually occurs.

Surprisingly, the media account headline and story identify it as such, although the word crash was used once in the article.

Looking at the Google maps link in post #5, he almost made it to the golf course.

It wasn't a crash, it was an off airport emergency landing, in which aircraft damage usually occurs.

Surprisingly, the media account headline and story identify it as such, although the word crash was used once in the article.

One tree, several mailboxes and a street light. How much more does it take to become a crash. I get it that he kept flying the plane until the crash was over instead of panicking and locking up. Good job. How about Crash Landing

So, he intended to demolish the entire left wing and bend the wing strut? Ok, that’s a new maneuver I’ve not seen in the books.

I don't call it a "crash" unless the contact with the ground is uncontrolled. When you absolutely, positively must land (no power) you may hit stuff. That's an off-airport landing with collateral damage. If you dive into a house, it's a crash.

I don't call it a "crash" unless the contact with the ground is uncontrolled. When you absolutely, positively must land (no power) you may hit stuff. That's an off-airport landing with collateral damage. If you dive into a house, it's a crash.
Trees and mailboxes are not considered "ground"?

Being intentionally obtuse doesn't change the fact the pilot landed the plane under control.
So, the pilot intentionally hit a tree and a mailbox.

Sorry, but if you run into things you didn't intend to run into, that's called crashing.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/crash

transitive verb

1a: to break violently and noisily : SMASH
b: to damage (an airplane) in landing

1a: to break or go to pieces with or as if with violence and noise
b: to fall, land, or hit with destructive force

noun (1)
Definition of crash (Entry 2 of 4)

1: a loud sound (as of things smashing) a crash of thunder
2a: a breaking to pieces by or as if by collision

This fits every definition of crash in Miriam Webster.

Sorry, but this was a crash.

Back