Off airport landing Cessna 182, by a lake.

hasn't this video been posted on this forum a few times before already?

ah sorry i was thinking of a water one you posted, saw the paint job, should have watched the video first! my bad! good video!

@motoadve Your next video should be flying to Oklahoma to show me how to really fly my 182. You got skills man. Keep the vids coming.

@motoadve saw the video when you posted it. (YT subscriber...) Nice.

Serious question. Shuttle jog through the final approach and landing to see it. (Speed it up in other words...)

What’s causing the mild pitch oscillation? Three “humps” essentially on final.

Could you see that on your AoA or did you even notice it? Is it minor power adjustments to hit your “runway edge”?

The third one looks like you went to idle as the runway was made but I’m just curious about the other two. Intentional?

It’s subtle. Can see it if you speed up the video through that section though. Do you remember doing it?

Just curious. Good times. Love your airplane setup for that kind of off airport work. Always makes me want to hang fat tires off of ours. :)

What’s causing the mild pitch oscillation? Three “humps” essentially on final. Intentional? It’s subtle.

I was wondering the same thing. Figured they were subtle changes to account for some mechanical turbulence or to nail the touchdown point.

You make me feel better about not putting fat tires (phat tahrs) on my skywagon. :)

Back