Odd story...

Why Bill what the planes are doing is perfectly clear. They are cirlcing over Lodi CA awaiting clearance into the ADIZ.:rofl:

Probably contract planes for one of the alphabet agencies. They do that a lot instead of maintaining their own fleet. I know an avionics guy that installs a lot of equipment in those planes for DoD, FBI, CIA, U.N.C.L.E. and the rest.

Gawd, what a bunch of clueless wonders. I had no idea that registering an airplane to a corporation that existed only as a Delaware post office box led to the CIA. Guess that makes me a spook.

Ken Ibold said:
Gawd, what a bunch of clueless wonders. I had no idea that registering an airplane to a corporation that existed only as a Delaware post office box led to the CIA. Guess that makes me a spook.

Ken. I thought that too. Half the people I know have their planes owned by a DE corp and registered in DE, but if its doing surveillence, its prolly a spook plane of some sort. This is not uncommon, but if I told you I'd have to.......well you know.

N64581, the N-number on the plane, comes back assigned to a helicopter, not a 182RG. Even if that last digit is a '7' and not a '1', it doesn't match what is in the database.

Is it against the law for the federal gov't (assuming it's a federal agency flying the plane) to fly one with "false markings"?

I guess all the black helicopters are down for maintenance. :rofl:

Troy Whistman said:
N64581, the N-number on the plane, comes back assigned to a helicopter, not a 182RG. Even if that last digit is a '7' and not a '1', it doesn't match what is in the database.

Is it against the law for the federal gov't (assuming it's a federal agency flying the plane) to fly one with "false markings"?

Just curious, what site you used to track N numbers and are they tied to owners as well as type of aircraft ?
Thanks...

Troy Whistman said:

Try, "T", Tango for that last symbol. In the photo the "T" is partially blocked by the horz stab.

Dave Krall CFII said:
Just curious, what site you used to track N numbers and are they tied to owners as well as type of aircraft ?
Thanks...

The easiest way to get some "quick" info on aircraft is to punch the full N-number into Google's search box... you'll get a link at the top that says

Look up aircraft with registration number N33354
registry.faa.gov

Click that link and you'll have basic information.

Other people use the database at landings.com for the same thing; but my personal favorite is the one at myAirplane.com, because I can punch in an N-number, minus the 'N', and check those little boxes to the right and get ALL SORTS of information about the plane, including maintenance issues reported by A&Ps, damage and accident history, etc.

Richard said:
Try, "T", Tango for that last symbol. In the photo the "T" is partially blocked by the horz stab.

You're right; that's it:

Owner Type: Corporation Owner Name: NORTHWEST AIRCRAFT LEASING CORP
City: NEWARK State: DE
Zip: 19711-4639 Country: US
Fractional Owner:
Aircraft Type: Fixed wing single engine Model Year: 1985
Airworthiness Class: Standard Transponder Code: 52075520
Serial Number: R18202030 Aircraft Model: 2072735
Last Action: 2003-05-20 Cert Issue: 1997-05-27
Status: The Triennial Aircraft Registration form was mailed and has not been returned by the Post Office
Aircraft Mfg: CESSNA Aircraft Model: TR182
Category: Land Amateur: No
Engines: 1 Seats: 4
Weight: CLASS 1 Cruising Speed: 0
Engine Mfg.: LYCOMING Engine Model: 0-540 SERIES
Fuel Consumed: 18.80 Horsepower/Thrust: 250

Troy Whistman said:
my personal favorite is the one at myAirplane.com, because I can punch in an N-number, minus the 'N', and check those little boxes to the right and get ALL SORTS of information about the plane, including maintenance issues reported by A&Ps, damage and accident history, etc.
Yeah, don't put too much stock in the accuracy, tho. They didn't get the airworthiness class, # seats or horsepower correct on my airplane.

Ken Ibold said:

Me 2, then.

Just call me double 0 41 Pop. B)

The crew is talking.

Just about a year ago, I set out on the road,
Seekin’ my fame and fortune, lookin’ for a pot of gold.
Things got bad, and things got worse, I guess you will know the tune.
Oh Lord! Stuck in Lodi again!

Rode in on the greyhound, I’ll be walkin’ out if I go.
I was just passin’ through, must be seven months or more.
Ran out of time and money, looks like they took my friends.
Oh Lord! I’m stuck in Lodi again!

The man from the magazine said I was on my way.
Somewhere I lost connections, ran out of songs to play.
I came into town, a one night stand, looks like my plans fell through
Oh Lord! Stuck in Lodi again!

Mmmm...
If I only had a dollar, for ev’ry song I’ve sung.
And ev’ry time I’ve had to play while people sat there drunk.
You know, I’d catch the next train back to where I live.

:rolleyes:

Mike. When I hear Lodi, either CA or NJ, I think of that old Credence song too. I still maintain its a U.N.C.L.E. op.

Anthony said:
Mike. When I hear Lodi, either CA or NJ, I think of that old Credence song too. I still maintain its a U.N.C.L.E. op.

Worse than that, I once lived in an apartment in Lodi (NJ) for a year....

wsuffa said:
Worse than that, I once lived in an apartment in Lodi (NJ) for a year....

You mean you spent a decade in Lodi one year.

:) :) :)

Back