Odd logbook entries

falconkidding

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Falcon Kidding
Just a question has anybody ever been questioned on logbook entries or asked to show proof to verify them?

Reason I'm asking is I'm gunning for another 130 ish hours by june so that will put me at 200 then I plan to start Instrument Commercial and Multi. I have 2 vacations saved up. Is my logbook going to look suspicious with two 9 day periods with each day looking similar?

Solo XC 4-5+ hours a day. repeat till i'm bored to death and repeat some more.
Should I be saving receipts getting copies of others when I act as someones safety pilot etc. Or am I just worrying about nothing and they are used to logbooks where it looks like someone crammed in hours.

Just a question has anybody ever been questioned on logbook entries or asked to show proof to verify them?

Reason I'm asking is I'm gunning for another 130 ish hours by june so that will put me at 200 then I plan to start Instrument Commercial and Multi. I have 2 vacations saved up. Is my logbook going to look suspicious with two 9 day periods with each day looking similar?

Solo XC 4-5+ hours a day. repeat till i'm bored to death and repeat some more.
Should I be saving receipts getting copies of others when I act as someones safety pilot etc. Or am I just worrying about nothing and they are used to logbooks where it looks like someone crammed in hours.
I don't think there will be any issue with what you are describing.

Okay awesome. I just thought it might look weird flying 1-2 days a week then bam 20ish days with similar flights.

Then go somewhere new, further away. A 200 nm XC will teach you things that four 50-nm trips won't. If you're going to pay for the time anyway, get as much benefit from it as possible. Can you go 300-400 nm, stay overnight, and come back the next day? There's no need to be boring or repetitive, airplanes are made to go places.

As long as you actually fly the flights,there should be no problems.

The only time my logbooks were checked by the FAA was when I was going for my ATP, and they were interested only in total hours of different types, not how many trips/days/whatever.

Bob Gardner

Hours are hours so far as the regs are concerned. That's how you have these flight schools that get people their PPL in like 2 weeks.

Never been questioned about time in my logbook. If anyone asks to verify, I have no proof of about 90% of my civilian time. They'll just have to take my word for it.

I think shy of a post accident situation, where your experience might be called into question, no one is going to audit your logbook looking for BS.

Then go somewhere new, further away. A 200 nm XC will teach you things that four 50-nm trips won't. If you're going to pay for the time anyway, get as much benefit from it as possible. Can you go 300-400 nm, stay overnight, and come back the next day? There's no need to be boring or repetitive, airplanes are made to go places.
Excellent advice. Even if it's just 50-100 NM trips to different places you have never been before (not sure it's the case but it sounded like the OP was talking about the exact same flight over and over and over again) you will learn a lot of value.

Back