Odd Airplane - What is it?

Flyhound

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Flyhound
I was washing my plane after a great trip to the High Sierra Fly-in and this weird plane shot a couple of landings at the Jefferson County Airport. It looks like a smaller, monoplane version of De Havilland's Dragon Rapide, or a poor man's Mosquito (also built by De Havilland), but I can't find any record of De Havilland ever building such a plane. Does anyone know what this is? It looks cool in a retro way. The engines appear to be Ranger inline power plants.

DU6WG98l.jpg

PcBYMoZl.jpg

Malnourished DC-3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aero_Ae-45

Saw one at Oshkosh a few years ago. Reminded me of a HE-111 that got washed in hot water.

Thanks, that saves me endless hours of searching on the internet! It is an interesting looking plane. I have enough difficulty funding operation of my single engined Maule, but there is something about this plane that is appealing to me.

It's an Aero Ae-45, built in the Czech Republic.

Speaking of Odd Airplanes. At KPIE here in Florida Military planes were out in full force today. Can anybody tell me what kind of plane is this? It's a Navy airplane, (I know because it has Navy on the wings :wink2:) but I didn't know they had passenger looking planes. It looks like a cargo/passenger plane but didn't have many windows. Here it is:

20151102_130018.jpg

Thanks, that saves me endless hours of searching on the internet! It is an interesting looking plane. I have enough difficulty funding operation of my single engined Maule, but there is something about this plane that is appealing to me.
I find it totally appealing!

I heard they are hard to land. They seem to bounce a lot, those Czech's..

Back