Oconee or Pickens Co. SC

soarohio

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
soarohio
Planning on a flight to SC on sept 3 for a one-night stay. Should arrive around 3:30pm and leave around noon the next day. Oconee and Pickens are both options. Which would be the best considering Clemson plays Georgia on the 4th at 7:30pm?

I landed at CEU a coupl'a times. fly right over the college and stadium. that's all I can tell u.

The Clemson Georgia game will be played in Charlotte NC at 7:30 pm so traffic around Clemson area should not be a problem. Check the fees. I hear the folks at CEU love a dollar. Not sure about Pickens County. I flew many times out of CEU when I was a student at Clemson. The Aero Club of Clemson U had a 150 that rented for $12/hour wet [that was back in the mid '70's]. Go Tigers!!!!

CEU is a cool airport. I’ve never faced fees there. Should be quiet as the game is in Charlotte. Check the traffic patterns; there is a private grass strip super close to CEU. I’ve landed at Pickens but have zero memory regarding it.

As for the game, Go Dawgs! Dawgs on Top! GATA!

Whichever is closer to your destination. They are about 25 min from eachother.

As a Gamecock grad....i hope they both lose LOL. Clemson is closer, but when they have home games I am pretty sure they put up a temporary tower there. Be sure to check notams if it is a home game. Pickens is nice, but further away of course.

Go Tigers! Clemson is God's country.

Back