Obtaining anti-ice coating - vendor won't ship non-US

peter-h

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
peter-h
The firm is here.

After great difficulty contacting them I finally heard that they won't ship outside the USA.

Would anybody here be willing to buy some of this stuff (the smallest pack would be fine) and just pop it in the mail, airmail... ?

Might have to write "something else" on the Customs sticker, to save hassle ;)

I suspect even their smallest pack is too big to post (max package weight for airmail is 2kg) so whoever does this favour might like to keep most of it :)

I'd like to see how well it prevents ice accretion. Some information suggests that it may work extremely well.

The firm is here.

After great difficulty contacting them I finally heard that they won't ship outside the USA.

Would anybody here be willing to buy some of this stuff (the smallest pack would be fine) and just pop it in the mail, airmail... ?

Might have to write "something else" on the Customs sticker, to save hassle ;)

I suspect even their smallest pack is too big to post (max package weight for airmail is 2kg) so whoever does this favour might like to keep most of it :)

I'd like to see how well it prevents ice accretion. Some information suggests that it may work extremely well.

Tha problem is that stuff is Class 3 Flammable. You can't just "pop it in the mail."

How can one then send oil analysis samples by airmail - as one does?

Is there no way to package a small quantity suitably?

For example one can buy 2-pack car paints on Ebay.

The MSDS shows that they're mostly highly volatile hydrocarbons. To ship them legally would require special packaging and a hazmat charge. I suspect the company only ships ground in the US. Looks like you're out of luck. You might try to blend your own from the data in the MSDS.

As to engine oil, a spark won't light it off and it won't sicken people if it's spilled. The stuff in the product you want will.

I would be interested in the results of your testing for aircraft applications.

With all the MEK, xylene and acetone in there, I wouldent spray that on my paint.

How can one then send oil analysis samples by airmail - as one does?

Is there no way to package a small quantity suitably?

For example one can buy 2-pack car paints on Ebay.

Flash point determines whether its flammable liquid or not. Oil has a high enough flash point it is not considered flammable. Shipping flammable liquids by air is a royal pain in the ass, and since a lot of freight companies will put air freight on passenger aircraft most of them say no way for international air shipping for hazmat.

I would be interested in the results of your testing for aircraft applications.

So would a lot of people but I need to find a way of getting some :)

Would anyone be willing to find out how much this would cost to ship?

I am happy to pay for it, though not something completely outrageous like $1000.

Once I paid $250 to get a tiny coax connector shipping from a US firm who simply didn't want to ship abroad and I won't be doing that again...

I have shipping contacts (an import account with DHL and UPS for example) but still somebody has to buy this thing at the US end.

Not so worried about cost (looks to me like you're good for it), but rather, whether and how it can be done.

I'll do some poking around...

The firm is here.

but...but...but...

Their website clearly states...AUTHORIZED GLOBAL DISTRIBUTOR

Globally in the lower 48 maybe? :rolleyes2:

Would anyone be willing to find out how much this would cost to ship?

I am happy to pay for it, though not something completely outrageous like $1000.

Once I paid $250 to get a tiny coax connector shipping from a US firm who simply didn't want to ship abroad and I won't be doing that again...

I have shipping contacts (an import account with DHL and UPS for example) but still somebody has to buy this thing at the US end.
Peter, I can ask the shipping department where I'm working now. They do a lot of international shipping but not so much hazmat stuff. Still they might be able to determine the cost and more.

I am not on f***book :) What does it say there?

Many thanks Gismo :thumbsup:

I am not on f***book :) What does it say there?

Many thanks Gismo :thumbsup:

They call themselves "Ultra Ever Dry UK."

Pretty much a series of links to videos demonstrating the product, and a message saying that they are trying to figure out shipping.

No order links or anything like that. Best I can tell, a dry hole (or, should I say, a "hydrophobic hole").

Not suggesting anybody does anything illegal but the tiniest amount of this stuff, say 1 cubic centimetre, would be enough to prove whether it works to repel ice.

And if it works, it will be completely amazing.

TKS now costs something like $50k...

Not suggesting anybody does anything illegal but the tiniest amount of this stuff, say 1 cubic centimetre, would be enough to prove whether it works to repel ice.

And if it works, it will be completely amazing.

TKS now costs something like $50k...
Most hazmat rules contain exceptions for small quantities unless the stuff is really bad e.g. Sezeeum Ninety (deliberately misspelled to confuse big bro) or nitric acid.

Peter your best chance is to have it shipped with FEDEX as UN1133 accessible material. It will need to be shipped in a box with a UN rating applicable to the material. It will also need a UN 3 red label and "Cargo Aircraft Only" label. And a bunch of paper work forms. Some materials are not allowed entry by air in certain countries. For some companies this is hassle that they don't want to deal with because is not worth it.

Another option is to contact a ferry pilot ferrying a plane to Europe and paying him to carry the stuff. You can then pick it up in your plane or car where he lands. I have seen this done before but for avoiding VAT.

José

I had a look at that facebook site (originally I could not see it because had some popups etc disabled) and it just shows some notes about somebody looking at ways to ship it into the UK, and some silly comments from people trying to make their phones work under water!

There is no doubt it can be shipped, but one still needs somebody at the US end willing to buy it, package it, label it, and hang around for the courier to pick up the package.

The company itself is not interested in participating, according to my last comms with them.

No, I never found anyone willing to send some by airmail :)

Well not yet, anyway.

No, I never found anyone willing to send some by airmail :)

Well not yet, anyway.

Do you know if Neverwet is the same stuff as Ultra Everdry? If it is, It would probably be easier to find someone to gamble $20 on the venture.

Hard to ship it ground to the UK.

Back