Obligatory Intro Thread

Star Keeper

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Star Keeper
Hi everyone. Newly minted private pilot here from KLEE (Leesburg, FL). This was a dream that I started working on 7 years ago ironically at KJYO (Leesburg, VA) and finally got around to completing. Working on taking the wife up to acclimate to small aircraft flight then I'm headed to IFR training to improve my skills.

Hi. Was just at Klee last week. Stopped in at the avionics shop.

Welcome aboard & congrats. Getting acclimated to the winds that sometimes blow here on POA may take more training than your newly acquired certificate. :D

Welcome!

I’m just a short hop from you. I’m based at KGIF (Wtr Hvn).

Hi everyone. Newly minted private pilot here from KLEE (Leesburg, FL). This was a dream that I started working on 7 years ago ironically at KJYO (Leesburg, VA) and finally got around to completing. Working on taking the wife up to acclimate to small aircraft flight then I'm headed to IFR training to improve my skills.

Maybe a trip with the wife to Leesburg, Alabama.

Welcome to PoA!! Glad to hear planning IR training. Whatcha flying?

Hi. Was just at Klee last week. Stopped in at the avionics shop.
I haven't been to the avionics shop at KLEE for several years. They repaired my ancient Brittain Autopilot well enough that I have not had to return. They are one of the few places in the country that have the skill to work on Brittain APs, although I suspect the fact that Brittan is no longer supporting those units have probably caused them some issues. But I still have a high regard for them.

Oh, btw, (to the OP) welcome to POA.

Welcome to the asylum. I will be down your way in February. My in laws live in Grand Island.
They moved to Florida last year. They didn’t really want to but they are over 65 and there is some law, apparently.

I haven't been to the avionics shop at KLEE for several years. They repaired my ancient Brittain Autopilot well enough that I have not had to return. They are one of the few places in the country that have the skill to work on Brittain APs, although I suspect the fact that Brittan is no longer supporting those units have probably caused them some issues. But I still have a high regard for them.

Oh, btw, (to the OP) welcome to POA.
They removed my Britain. I need to sell it to someone that needs the parts, I believe they have stopped making them again.

Back