Oakland Flyers - KOAK - CA

DZ_Power

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Idontknowwhatdoesitmean
Are there recommendations about this school ??

I have a buddy who did his private pilot training at Oakland Flyers last year, and he gives it mixed reviews. His first instructor was an independent CFI assigned to him by the school, and she insisted on being paid several thousand dollars in advance before his first lesson. She was incompetent and left (or was fired; I'm not sure which) taking his money with her. The school said she was not an employee, so there was nothing they could do to help him get his money back. He continued at the school with a different instructor, and eventually got his license with around seventy hours. He believes the school milked him.

I've flown with him, and they did something right because he's turned out to be a talented, careful and thoughtful pilot. He bought a Grumman Tiger and is now working on his instrument rating with an instructor that was recommended by someone in a local flying club he belongs to.

Conclusion : Never give thousands of dollars to a flight school or CFI, always use pay-as-go even if it purposes a discount ...

Other recommendations ??

Back