NY1 Kline Kill and 1B1 Columbia County, NY

Discussion in 'Cool Places to Fly' started by JamesA320, Jun 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. JamesA320

JamesA320 Pre-Flight

Display name:
    JamesA320
    We might be moving to this area. Are there some PoA members who fly in this part of upstate, NY? Are there flying clubs/partnerships that one would recommend? Also, if I do get my own airplane... one day... how are hangar fees and availabilty looking like?

Thanks!

2. GeorgeC

GeorgeC Administrator Management Council Member PoA Supporter

Display name:
    GeorgeC
    @Shepherd

Can't speak to clubs or hangars, but I've had nice experiences at 20N and 1B1 and 4B0. Hudson has done better than some of the neighboring towns.

NHWannabe likes this.
  3. upstateny

upstateny Line Up and Wait

Display name:
    Now in SW Florida
    I lived a few miles from 1B1 and did all my training (PPL through CFI) there before moving to Florida. Been a while since I was there, but at the time plenty of tie-downs - limited hangars, self-serve fuel, friendly FBO. Used NY1 for soft field practice. No fuel, grass strip, no experience with hangars there. South Albany is just outside KALB airspace next to a railroad switching yard. I only went there a few times, so I don't know anything about amenities there.

All three offer many $100 hamburger options to New England, Adirondacks, Catskills, or a quick run through the Hudson River Corridor in NYC.

4. JamesA320

JamesA320 Pre-Flight

Display name:
    JamesA320
    Thank you!