NY1 Kline Kill and 1B1 Columbia County, NY

JamesA320

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
JamesA320
We might be moving to this area. Are there some PoA members who fly in this part of upstate, NY? Are there flying clubs/partnerships that one would recommend? Also, if I do get my own airplane... one day... how are hangar fees and availabilty looking like?

Thanks!

@Shepherd

Can't speak to clubs or hangars, but I've had nice experiences at 20N and 1B1 and 4B0. Hudson has done better than some of the neighboring towns.

I lived a few miles from 1B1 and did all my training (PPL through CFI) there before moving to Florida. Been a while since I was there, but at the time plenty of tie-downs - limited hangars, self-serve fuel, friendly FBO. Used NY1 for soft field practice. No fuel, grass strip, no experience with hangars there. South Albany is just outside KALB airspace next to a railroad switching yard. I only went there a few times, so I don't know anything about amenities there.

All three offer many $100 hamburger options to New England, Adirondacks, Catskills, or a quick run through the Hudson River Corridor in NYC.

Back