NY to FL with a low pass over NASA's Shuttle Landing Facility

spdracer888

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
spdracer888
I flew my family on a long x-country from NY to FL recently. It was the first time with them on board so I asked a CFI friend to tag long. Other than dodging a few cumulous clouds after our stop in Myrtle Beach, the trip was uneventful. I remember reading on this forum that you can do a low pass over NASA's Shuttle Landing Facility (KTTS) so I made the request with Orlando Approach. I can't believe how easy It was and I highly recommend it when you are in the area. You won't realized how big and long ("that's what she said"...lol sorry can't help it) the 15,000 feet runway is until you see it in person. Anyway, here's a video of our trip down from NY to FL...low pass over the Shuttle Landing Facility starts around 7:00 mark of the video. Always looking for constructive feed back I'm still a relatively low hour pilot. TIA.

Last edited:
Nice. I flew by the facility a few years ago. I just took a peek from cruise, didn’t want to spend the time doing the flyby thing.

Nice. I flew by the facility a few years ago. I just took a peek from cruise, didn’t want to spend the time doing the flyby thing.

thanks pal! I thought it was gonna be hard, but Orlando Approach was so easy to work with.

Back