NY to Fl airport enroute with restaurant halfway

RichNY

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
RichNY
Looking for a fuel stop probably in the Carolinas with a restaurant on the field. Good fuel price would be a plus.

There are decent cafes at Williamsburg-Jamestown (JGG) and Hampton Rds Exec (PVG). They are just before you enter NC.

In NC, I'd recommend Hickory (HKY).

HKY looks great fuel and foodwise but I would need something closer to the coastal route to Florida.

5NC3 has great bbq. not sure about fyoool.

Usually there's somewhere around Charleston that has reasonable fuel prices.

The airports with good fuel prices ,don't have a restaurant. The airports with high fuel prices have restaurants. You could try Wilmington,or myrtle beach,and use the crew car .

The airports with good fuel prices ,don't have a restaurant. The airports with high fuel prices have restaurants. You could try Wilmington,or myrtle beach,and use the crew car .

Most places with cheap fuel have a crew car and food nearby, typically better than most on field food.

I'm not so sure about that. Plenty of airports with cafes also have cheap fuel. Hickory being one example.

I do agree with Henning though - often times a crew car will take you to better quality food if you have the time.

Henning,
I'll be in Stuart for 5 days, I'll give you a call.

Lake City, SC has a nice little restaurant on field. 100LL is $5.68 full serve.
Watch out for the Helicopter trainees not talking to traffic.

Lake City, SC has a nice little restaurant on field. 100LL is $5.68 full serve.
Watch out for the Helicopter trainees not talking to traffic.

What's the identifier?

MYR is $4.12 and the FBO is adjacent to Market Commons with numerous restaurants and bar type food. The FBO is great and they will give you a car if you do not want to walk. 60J has a bar deli with excellent pizza adjacent to the windsock, but their self serv fuel is $5.79.

They just lowered the price at KFCI. Not sure of the amount. The food there is decent or I could pick you up and go somewhere. Where in NY and where in FL? I've been planning a trip to Naples to see my grandmother and I fly to KBGM once a year to see my inlaws.

Ocracoke, NC(W95). Walk 1 mi to Howard's Pub or call them to pick you up 252-928-4441. Sorry, no fuel, but plenty nearby.

MYR has good self serve fuel prices and food in walking distance.

KPOC: $5.99 for fuel

KCNO: $4.25 for fuel

Distance? 12nm. . .

the problem is that halfway from NYC-South Florida is a wasteland for food 0

Might want to try BBG for food - and gas.

KPOC: $5.99 for fuel

KCNO: $4.25 for fuel

Distance? 12nm. . .

the problem is that halfway from NYC-South Florida is a wasteland for food 0

Might want to try BBG for food - and gas.

POC=La Verne CA
CNO=Chino, CA
BBG=Branson MO

Huh? California and Missouri are on the way between New York and Florida?

POC=La Verne CA
CNO=Chino, CA
BBG=Branson MO

Huh? California and Missouri are on the way between New York and Florida?

I think he was countering the earlier post that airport cafe automatically equals higher priced gas.

Can you make Atlanta? If that routing is an option you have a couple of onfield food picks, KLZU, and another couple a bit further out I forget. Depending on where the weather front is on that given day may make the inland routing preferential, especially with the Gulf Stream feeding warm moist air on the coast.

Back