NX Carbon Cub crash, Spanish Fork

Serves them right for messing with the Cub's landing gear configuration.

Too soon? Sorry.

Genuinely hope for full and speedy recoveries.

Amazing pic. Roof isn't even dented. Looks almost like they tried to land on the roof and nosed over on the ridges.

Trike cub? Put itself out of misery.

It's rumored that John Monnett of Sonex aircraft was not happy but finally was convinced that if he would release a nose gear version of his plane he would sell more of them.

Kinda like seeing a four door Dodge Charger ... :eek:

It's rumored that John Monnett of Sonex aircraft was not happy but finally was convinced that if he would release a nose gear version of his plane he would sell more of them.

Kinda like seeing a four door Dodge Charger ... :eek:
My GF loves those Chargers, hates the "proper" Challenger. That being said, 99% of the time most of us don't need "conventional" gear. Zenith has proving that you can get all of the back-country benefits with a nose wheel.

My GF loves those Chargers, hates the "proper" Challenger. That being said, 99% of the time most of us don't need "conventional" gear. Zenith has proving that you can get all of the back-country benefits with a nose wheel.

If only Ford would make a four door Mustang ... :D

If only Ford would make a four door Mustang ... :D
If only automakers made ANYTHING but high-buck sports cars with just two doors.

Two-door cars give better vision to the left for the driver (not staring into the B pillar) and bigger doors (easier to get in and out of), plus the simplicity of two fewer doors, two fewer moving windows, often more legroom, etc. Easy enough to get an SUV for carrying multiple people and cargo, but a small, handy, two-door car is great for daily driving.

Used to be that every sedan model had a two-door version. Now, though, the only way to get two doors is with a teeny tiny Smart car, or a $$$$ sports car. Got an '18 Civic two-door; they don't make that model anymore.

Ron Wanttaja

If only automakers made ANYTHING but high-buck sports cars with just two doors.

Ron Wanttaja

How about a MINI Cooper? Not much range (~110 miles) on my electric MINI Cooper SE but plenty for around town errands.

How about a MINI Cooper? Not much range (~110 miles) on my electric MINI Cooper SE but plenty for around town errands.

How about a Miata for even less practicality?

I landed a C-207 with less than a foot on roll out.
Ok, the wind was steady at 65 straight down the runway...

From most people, I wouldn't believe this. From you? It was probably 85 and half a foot.

It is reported that the owner of a Miata said that after driving it cross country the name of the car makes sense to him. He said, "Miata bought a bigger car!" :)
Guy I knew bought a brand-new BMW sports car, and got the race-driving add on that taught him how to drive it on a course in North or South Carolina.

After that, he had to drive it home...to Seattle. He sat so long in the same position that he developed DVT, and had a TON of problems then.

Most Miatas I've seen are convertibles. After having owned 4 convertibles over the years (and flying an open-cockpit airplane for the past 30 years), I intend to never own another convertible. Realize they've got a hard-top Miata, but it's still a tiny car. Did test-drive a Mini back when I was shopping. Liked it OK, just didn't like having to feed it premium gas. Based on service experiences of my BMW-owning co-worker, had no intent of buying car from BMW.

Ron Wanttaja

Back