NuWay Constr Supply, lying bastards!

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
So, as some of you know, I went back to work last month after a 4 year sabbatical <shudders>. OReilly is building a store approximately 37.2 miles down the road from me and I got a call...

"Do you want to build it?"

Deep breath.

"Okay, if I have to. It might keep me out of the bars for a few months."

So, I called our local construction supply house; NuWay earlier this week to order my anchor bolts and perimeter insulation (2" extruded polystyrene). The conversation went something like:

Me: so, the insulation is scored, right?

Them: no, we don't carry scored insulation. That's special order, you have to order an entire truckload to get it scored.

Me: really? WTF? Who the hell carries foundation insulation that's not scored? You mean I have to cut all that shi*t into 2' widths instead of just snapping it in half? Do you know how much labor that is? WTF? Does anyone in this area carry scored?

Them: not that we're aware of.

(Tim hangs up and calls around to the "lesser" supply houses in the area. No one has scored 2" rigid board.)

So I call NuWay back and order 42 sheets of it since they have the best price.

It was delivered today.

It's scored.

Do you know how much labor that's going to save me?

Lying bastards.

:wink2:

Do you know how much labor that's going to save me?

About an hour and twenty minutes.

An hour to build the jig and twenty minutes to score the insulation....

Blue board is ALWAYS scored......

As a contractor,, you "should" know that...:redface:

Ignorance is rampant and nobody cares anymore. I can relate since I occasionally build spec homes and my biggest issue is dealing with "residential" contractors. They never show up as promised and never do what asked in the time frame agreed upon. This is typical of about 90% of them. Keep in mind I don't haggle much or nickle and dime them. I experience similar with suppliers as you mention but not as much as compared to contractors.

That sounds like you were talking to an inexperienced employee that refused to admit he had no idea. Glad to hear you got what you really wanted, though.

Back