NTSB Seminar Wash D.C. Area

mscard88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Mark
NTSB Seminar on Transition Training

The lack of transition training has been a factor in many GA accidents. If you are in the Washington, D.C. area, there is a free seminar on Saturday, Dec. 2, at the NTSB Training Center in Ashburn, Va. Attendees will hear presentations from AOPA, NAFI, Cirrus Aircraft, and NTSB Member Earl Weener. This four-hour program is also FAA WINGS credit eligible. For more details and to register for the event, go to www.faasafety.gov/SPANS/event_details.aspx?eid=79494.

If it's the same seminar I attended a few years back with a bunch of the Smithsonian docents, they will take you through the TWA800 reconstruction. Very powerful.

Fly into KJYO and it's a short drive, in case you're looking for an excuse to fly. If I'm around, I'll host you for drinks if you choose to overnight.

NTSB Seminar on Transition Training

The lack of transition training has been a factor in many GA accidents. If you are in the Washington, D.C. area, there is a free seminar on Saturday, Dec. 2, at the NTSB Training Center in Ashburn, Va. Attendees will hear presentations from AOPA, NAFI, Cirrus Aircraft, and NTSB Member Earl Weener. This four-hour program is also FAA WINGS credit eligible. For more details and to register for the event, go to www.faasafety.gov/SPANS/event_details.aspx?eid=79494.
I'm surprised the insurers don't demand some min training/mentor hours.

What control do lobbyists have over insurance companies?

None I guess. But airplane manufacturers and their lobbyists and the FAA, different story. Just look at how long it took to get the FAA to act on MU-2 accidents, and require more training now. Just short of a type rating almost.

Back