NTSB: 90% of landings to close to ending with the plane pinwheeling down the runway

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
According to a new study published by the National Transportation Safety Board, 90 percent of successful plane landings are "this close" to ending with the aircraft pinwheeling down the runway and exploding into a fireball of twisted metal and charred flesh. "We found that when passengers think they're hearing the landing gear being lowered, that's actually the sound of the plane's fuselage coming apart at the seams as the flight-control system fails," said NTSB chairwoman Deborah Hersman

LINK

:eek:

Re: NTSB: 90% of landings to close to ending with the plane pinwheeling down the runw

The Onion is my favorite source for news. Good thing I don't believe anything I read. :)

Re: NTSB: 90% of landings to close to ending with the plane pinwheeling down the runw

Maybe your landings, Scott. :wink2:

Maybe your landings, Scott. :wink2:

At least HE still has a plane... :wink2::wink2:

Is that site intended to be a joke site? Because I don't believe one bit of that article lol.

At least HE still has a plane... :wink2::wink2:
Lowwwwwww blowwwwwww, man!

And for the record, the other 10% of fantastic landings are made in single-engine Commanders with that awesome trailing-link landing gear. :thumbsup:

Re-post this two months from now.

Lowwwwwww blowwwwwww, man!

Did you miss the smilies?

(actually, you walked right into that one, and I'm just opportunistic)

And for the record, the other 10% of fantastic landings are made in single-engine Commanders with that awesome trailing-link landing gear. :thumbsup:

:D

Is that site intended to be a joke site?

It's extremely difficult to tell from the supposedly non joke respectable news reports isn't it?

Back