NPR and FAA user fees

They are probably confused on which side to come down on; the big business airlines or the little wealthy airplane owners/pilots. What they'll never admit is many of the latter are shareholders in the former; well, until the bankruptcy court wipes out that liability. :dunno:

It's going to be difficult to discuss user fees, particularly with NPR, without it headed for spin zone.

Well Ken, I fired off a letter to NPR just now. We'll see if they do anything, which I doubt.

I heard it. I think it was an exact take on what we're up against - everybody knows what an airline passenger is. Nobody knows what a GA passenger is.

It's good we have those sinster pilots in congress to work against the fees, I guess.

I'm reminded of the story on the same NPR about closing national forests to snowmobilers. The closing line was that "Every [right thinking] group was against the snowmobiles except those who owned snowmobles." Gee, ya think? How about the 80% of Americans who don't give a * either way?

We need to get the word out about charitible flights and such so the 85% get an idea what's involved here. Also ask my question, "Where do airline pilots come from?"

Last edited:
I heard it. I think it was an exact take on what we're up against - everybody knows what an airline passenger is. Nobody knows what a GA passenger is.

It's good we have those sinster pilots in congress to work against the fees, I guess.

I'm reminded of the story on the same NPR about closing national forests to snowmobilers. The closing line was that "Every [right thinking] group was against the snowmobiles except those who owned snowmobles." Gee, ya think? How about the 80% of Americans who don't give a * either way?

We need to get the word out about charitable flights and such so the 85% get an idea what's involved here. Also ask my question, "Where do airline pilots come from?"

Mike, sent a letter to NPR too. Maybe if enough people respond, they will do more research and follow up the story with more perspectives.

Last edited by a moderator:
We need to get the word out about charitable flights and such so the 85% get an idea what's involved here. Also ask my question, "Where do airline pilots come from?"
The first part... this is why I suggested contacting the same reporter regarding the little girl in Jefferson City, MO who was provided a free plane for transportation by an FBO.

As for the latter... I think some come from the brier patch off the end of our runway. :D

We need to get the word out about charitible flights and such so the 85% get an idea what's involved here. Also ask my question, "Where do airline pilots come from?"

Wel, no, this is different. We have most every airline out there telling (lying to?) passengers that this will make their life easier and cheaper. One of the in-flight mags I read had a full page commentary from the CEO about how this is the right thing to do.

The sheeple will quickly forget, and not do anything when fares don't go down and hassles don't lessen.

Wel, no, this is different. We have most every airline out there telling (lying to?) passengers that this will make their life easier and cheaper. One of the in-flight mags I read had a full page commentary from the CEO about how this is the right thing to do.

The sheeple will quickly forget, and not do anything when fares don't go down and hassles don't lessen.

Exactly!! Maybe the pax don't know this:
http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/2006-01-19-aa-payouts_x.htm

If user fees are based on a per passenger basis AND I get the same consideration for picking up my clearances from Cleveland, Phili, NY, Chicago, etc. as the airlines I could be talked into user fees. Unfortunately neither will happen.

Back