Now This: How to deal with unruly passengers

mscard88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Mark
https://www.google.com/patents/US384...RvAmYQ6wEIPjAD

Stumbled on an old patent that would make it much easier to deal with problem passengers. The system is mounted under every passenger seat. Someone causes a problem you push a button. Their seatbelt locks in place, the seat back inflates pushing them forward and then a hypodermic needle injects the passenger to sedate or kill them. All of this is controlled from the cockpit.

I think we could simplify it. Give each seat a 5-point harness and just lock and cinch that down. The sedative could be used to reduce the number of flight attendants by putting the pax to sleep; a passenger gets a discount if they take it orally instead of the injection.

The patent seems specific to airplanes, but I see many other applications that wouldn't infringe the patent. Dealing with unruly children in a restaurant, for example. Or a noisy patron in a movie theater. I have attended numerous business meetings where this device would be quite useful.

And the mind boggles at the possibilities for sinners in church pews...

The patent seems specific to airplanes, but I see many other applications that wouldn't infringe the patent. Dealing with unruly children in a restaurant, for example. Or a noisy patron in a movie theater. I have attended numerous business meetings where this device would be quite useful.

And the mind boggles at the possibilities for sinners in church pews...

Home too, when uh, she keeps bugging you, you know. :)

so... how many hijackers are going to be in their seat with the seat belt on?

Just run the cabin altitude to 11,000 or 12,000 ft ASL. Those of us who like to voluntarily sleep on airplanes will be able to do so largely undisturbed, and those that don't wish to sleep can see how long they last. ;)

Back