Now the dog is broke...

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
No word on the Yukon yet but now the girl doggy is broken. Ha. Well not too broken. Kennel Cough. She started coughing a couple of days ago.

She was vaccinated, too.

Oh well. Guess that’ll turn into seven to ten days of working from home for me other than maybe afternoons where I can leave them home and go in and Karen won’t be out those evenings.

Slight fever, little fits of coughing up mucus every so often, doesn’t want much to eat but eating a little. Sleeping/lounging more than usual and only plays with her “big bro” for a few minutes and then tires out quickly.

Let the antibiotics, begin! Silly girl.

Vet tech finally nailed something that should have been glaringly obvious though. She’s always hated and ran away from any modern electronics that beep. Smoke detector or CO detector with a low battery bothers her and she would get agitated and look at us like something was wrong.

Vet tech says, “Whoever they rescued her from used a shock collar with a warning beep on it, on her.”

[me slaps forehead...] Of course they did. Sigh. Makes perfect sense now.

We like it, and do not fuss, when our dog barks at the smoke detector. (It's a little too close to the stove . . . . ) I'd rather have him bark at it, as that's one more chance for me to hear it if necessary. So far, it hasn't been needed. The dog is 10 years old and going strong, not sure if he'll make the nine years left on this detector or not.

We like it, and do not fuss, when our dog barks at the smoke detector. (It's a little too close to the stove . . . . ) I'd rather have him bark at it, as that's one more chance for me to hear it if necessary. So far, it hasn't been needed. The dog is 10 years old and going strong, not sure if he'll make the nine years left on this detector or not.

Ha. Yeah, she cowers. No barking at “beepies”, she runs away from them and tries to hide behind one of us to know everything is okay.

Back