Now it's a crime if citizens think you had an emergency

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
attachment.php

If the landing was intentional, then the pilot is at fault for causing a disruption that led area residents to call authorities assuming it was an emergency landing, Perkins said.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20140625/news/140628985/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Yeah! We thought his engine stalled. He didn't file a filght plan!

Dis guy should have steered his balloon back to the balloon-a-port.

Attachments

• AR-140628985.jpg
    AR-140628985.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 302
Makes sense. Yeah it is retarded. But it makes sense evolving from suffrage, making skateboarding a crime, and all the other little nits that seemed harmless yet erode the empire's foundation of liberty. Cracks me up now that upper middle class white people are getting jammed up with the new and improved bigger America.

It's good to see ,that the cops are on top of this. Hope they cited him for being parked on a hydrant.

Look at the street sign. Songbird Ln. That bird don't sing or fly no more.

Years back a hot air balloon landed on the cul-de-sac I lived on, setting off every dog in the neighborhood. Funny part was for the next month every dog would run outside and look up every time they heard a strange noise.

I doubt it. Landing a hot air balloon or glider in someone's backyard, or a residential street, or even a empty corn field, can give local law enforcement a headache. Especially if a local citizen gets upset.

Common sense is needed and the pilot is the only person on the scene that can be expected to be reasonably informed. Not informed about the law but about what happened, why it happened, and how it can be best resolved.

Be nice, be courteous, be informative, have some empathy and you will end up in control of the situation with more help than you know what to do with.

Be upset, rude, disrespectful, sullen, dismissive or start talking about rights and you can be in for a long unpleasant ride. Doesn't really matter whether you are right or wrong.

Sounds like nothing will happen here but LE was left with loose ends they are trying to tie up. The smart pilot helps all involved tie the case up so they can help... even if you don't need the help.

The hardest thing to deal with is when too many people want to help.

There are better places to land - not the best job here.

I think the people of Huntley should seek a new police chief. Preferably one that isn't a moron.

But that may be asking too much, since they're the same people who repeatedly called 911 about an apparently uneventful balloon landing.

"Hello! 911! 911!
There's a balloon in the street and the people that were in it are drinking Champagne!

No, there's no fire. They're laughing! COME QUICK!"

Back