Now I'm really confused...

Shepherd

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Shepherd
I'm not sure I look like me, anymore.
I finally got my plastic license. sigh...
I've been carrying a piece of paper from the FAA in my back pocket for almost 5 decades.
Anyway, I mentioned I had my new plastic and one of the young ladies at church asked if she could see it, as she had never seen a Pilot's License.
Sure, why not?
So I hand her the license and she's looking it over very intently, then asks "Do you have to send it back?"
Says I: "Why should I send it back?"
"Because the pictures on the back don't look ANYTHING like you."

<rimshot></rimshot>

So another young lady takes it, looks at it and asks When did you shave off your mustache?

<headsmack></headsmack>

Glenn

And I thought she'd ask "which one is you?"

I am sure they meant it as a compliment.

I'm putting the best spin I can on this, but......

Glenn

Next time tell them you are the one in the middle; the one flying the aeroplane.

I tell people I'm the one on the right. Years ago I did have a mustache and more hair, so that is me on the left when I was much younger. I tell them the photo of the airplane was taken on my checkride.

:rofl: Now that was funny!

Look at it this way: You've aged incredibly well over the last 110 years.

Picking up chicks at church with a pilots license. Nice :)

Picking up chicks at church with a pilots license. Nice :)
Worked a the grocery store once for me. Put it on top of my credit card so I'd "accidentally' hand it to her. "This isn't working, I think it's the wrong card. What is it?" "Oh, I'm sorry 'bout that, it's just my pilot's license." :D

Worked a the grocery store once for me. Put it on top of my credit card so I'd "accidentally' hand it to her. "This isn't working, I think it's the wrong card. What is it?" "Oh, I'm sorry 'bout that, it's just my pilot's license." :D

Ha! That's awesome.

Well? Did it work? :confused:

Excuse me ma'am, I seem to have lost the keys to my jet.:D

Well? Did it work? :confused:
Only did it twice, and it worked once. I'm not one to flaunt and be the stereotypical arrogant pilot. That time, tho, I was having a new years party, and several people canceled, but I didn't want to scrap all my plans and preparations, so I figured I'd use my powers to get some company.

My Dad also fell for the Wright Brothers on the back of my plastic one. He was like, "Hey, wait, these guys aren't you!"

I swear I've heard rumors somewhere that they might (or will?) start putting your picture on the plastic certificate.

Of course, I have no clue where I heard that, and its probably wrong.

EDIT:

I found the following news article discussing it a little. A couple years old though.

https://www.faa.gov/news/press_releases/news_story.cfm?newsId=12158

Last edited:
Back