Now I'm Concerned - Should I go back?

U

Unregistered

Years ago I had marriage counseling. I went solo to it, because my ex wouldn't go. The guy used a diagnosis of Generalized Anxiety in order to get insurance to pay. His words were that "I can diagnose 90% of people with this, so I use it all the time."

I did get issued a medical in spite of that, because I brought with me a letter that said that my condition had "improved" by the time treatment had ended. There wasn't any medication involved. After reading this board, I've come to the conclusion that the verbiage in my letter wasn't very complete as far as Bruce's frequent advice is concerned. Is this something I need to worry about for the future or since I was issued, can I count on being issued when I come up for renewal?

This was more than ten years back--I don't even know if the guy practices anymore.

10 years and you've been issued and not challenged for counseling for which there is a reporting exemption and the issuance have been unchallenged since.

I would let it go.

To clarify: The issuance was recent--within the last three years. The event itself was over ten years ago. Thanks for the input.

To clarify: The issuance was recent--within the last three years. The event itself was over ten years ago. Thanks for the input.
Suggestion is unchanged. There is some point at which the designee has to have some discretion, for g_d's sake.

This bureaucracy, howver, knows that at 60 days the burden of proof changes from "why I should be allowed to hold the certificate" to, The agency has to prove "why you should not be allowed to hold the certificate", a much harder task.

I'm glad your counselor knows how to game the DSM. Everyone in my family except me is a psychologist or counselor, so I hear these things all the time.

Dr. Bruce gave you your answers. I'm sorry about your marriage; but I'm glad that you can still do what you love to do!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back