Nov weather around KPIT

ChemGuy

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
ChemGuy
I am thinking of heading to the KPIT area in early November for a ball game. What are the typical conditions for light GA single, IR rated, like that time of year? Chances of getting in and out within a day of schedule? I will be coming from the ATL area.

Also is AGC the choice to get in near ,ummm whats the name of the stadium that replaced Three Rivers?

Thanks,

I am thinking of heading to the KPIT area in early November for a ball game. What are the typical conditions for light GA single, IR rated, like that time of year? Chances of getting in and out within a day of schedule? I will be coming from the ATL area.

Also is AGC the choice to get in near ,ummm whats the name of the stadium that replaced Three Rivers?

Thanks,

One of our biggest offices is just south of there in Canonsburg. About the only thing you can count on is weather will be cool to cold. Any time I've been up there that time of year it was IMC, and always seems to be a chance for snow. But, I'm told that it does clear up ... sometime.

The football stadium is Heinz field.

Thanks,

Depends. If winter arrives a bit early, it could be challenging for icing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got FIKI?

No but maybe a couple tiki torches. Would they work??:D

Figured it would be a last minute weather decision. just curious if anyone even tries to fly through a layer that time of year and how much IMC there will be.

Light ice starts in that area around October. Watch the weather closely. I would be very carefull trying to fly through a layer in Nov.

No but maybe a couple tiki torches. Would they work??:D

Figured it would be a last minute weather decision. just curious if anyone even tries to fly through a layer that time of year and how much IMC there will be.

Tiki torches might work if you can get them hot enough.

If it makes you feel better I fly all year round in that area, so it is possible. The weather in this area during that time of the year, pushed me to get into a FIKI airplane. I was told by a DPE that KPIT is within one of the worst areas for icing in the USA due to the way the moisture comes off the great lakes.

That's what I figured. Maybe get commercial on WN just in case.

Thanks guys.

Back