NOTAM - of sorts.

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
The UP has gotten VERY little rain all summer, and the fire alert is HIGH. Last week there was a 20nm TFR at the east end of the U.P. due to a fire there, and there is currently a forest fire west of 6Y9 in the Porcupine mountains. If there was any thought of having a campfire at the airport, that is going to be o-u-t out. The grass on the field is dry and crunchy, and I don't really feel like having a fire consuming the airfield, the town, the forest, MY PLANE, hmm, although, if I got an insurance payout I could really start looking for that F or J model.

Anyway, as of now there will be no fires of any sorts allowed on the airport with the exception of the grilling that we will be doing for lunch on Saturday. If you were planning on bringing a coleman gas grill or something like that, you will have to use it ONLY on the paved area next to the school. (St. Claire Street and the maroon building)

There *may* be a bonfire over where the karoake and live band is at the Trails End but I do not know for sure.

Attachments

• sidnawdiagram.jpg
    sidnawdiagram.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 26
The UP sounds like Tennessee. We had a guy the next town over cutting hay last week (how he has hay with no rain is beyond my understanding as nobody else has anything to cut) and the blade hit a rock. Blade causes a spark, spark sets field ablaze. Now that's dry!

damn we've been getting torrential downpours every night for the last week.

damn we've been getting torrential downpours every night for the last week.

We've been getting those in the southern part of the state as well, but the rain doesn't creep that far north to get them any relief.

One advantage: No mosquitos!

There *may* be a bonfire over where the karoake and live band is at the Trails End but I do not know for sure.
Excellent, can we use the karaoke machine as kindling and then through the karaoke singers on the flames once things good smoldering really good?? ;)

I will bring a battery lantern instead of my coleman. I was planning on eating at the restaurants anyways.

Bummer about the rain up there. Down here we are flooding.

Excellent, can we use the karaoke machine as kindling and then through the karaoke singers on the flames once things good smoldering really good?? ;)

jeez, so much hate

Well, I can pretty much guarantee we won't have any Asians singing "Funky Town" at the bar.

If you bring your banjo, my mom will gladly get out her six string and play with you. Good thing the airstrip is 2600' long. LOL

The UP sounds like Tennessee. We had a guy the next town over cutting hay last week (how he has hay with no rain is beyond my understanding as nobody else has anything to cut) and the blade hit a rock. Blade causes a spark, spark sets field ablaze. Now that's dry!
That sounds like CA. Now you know why it's called dry farming. One crop per season is about all you can expect but it doesn't cost much.

We gots more rain. For some reason the line of storms never goes north of the midline of Lake Michigan.

We gots more rain. For some reason the line of storms never goes north of the midline of Lake Michigan.
And that rain may mess up the Wings weekend for Friday, when I was planning to go. :(

So, you're saying I might not do my UP tour. :(

So, you're saying I might not do my UP tour. :(
The only way I could see it not happening is if this weather pattern in lower part of Ill, Wi, and Mi stays stable. Everyday and night we have been getting some really big T-storms. Lots of rain and their is flooding everywhere.

Back