"Not your father's Root Beer"

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
Have y'all tried this stuff?
Ed mentioned it to me in a text in between pics of his junk and so I grabbed 6 pack.

Dude! It is really good I think.

Pros:
Tastes just like root beer
Has alcohol in it

Cons:
I don't really drink sodas
I certainly wouldn't sit down and drink 3 or 4 root beers
Drinking it makes me think of Ed's junk

Probably just a novelty but they did a great job on making it not taste like a beer w/ hints of root beer. Grab some if you see it.

NYFR_Blog.jpg

I am going to bring some to Gastons.

I've tried this. It IS good, but I couldn't see myself drinking more than one in a sitting, no more than I could drink multiple real root beers in one sitting. That and it has to be kept cold. Mine started getting a little less than cold and it did not make it better.

Yeah, had it and it was good. Taste yummy and has a kick, just don't like the headache you get afterwards.

"Gimme a grape or an orange...none of that stinkin' ruut beer!"

My wife likes it (the root beer, not pics of Ed's junk). I can drink it, but as someone already mentioned, I'm done after one - it's just too heavy.

Has anyone tried the Coney Island hard root beer? It was in the display next to Father's, but we haven't tried it yet.

I like it, but only in a big glass full of ice. Otherwise too sweet and syrupy.

That's a good tip that I haven't tried yet. It tastes like root beer at first but I couldn't get over the aftertaste. The aftertaste was very odd and is the reason I still have 3/6 in my fridge!

Hadn't thought of that. Let you know in a minute

I really like it. I am flying to FSD to get a sick pack because it's the nearest place when I'm in the midwest. Although I did find a bar in Scottsdale that has it all the time which is awesome.

I pour a bottle of it in a crockpot along with 2 lbs of pork tenderloin to make pulled pork.

It is dangerous brew. You are 3/4 of the way through slamming one before you realize your mistake.

Fyi they make it in 11 and 19 % ABV varities as well, or so I have been told.

Buffalo Rock is the best root beer I've had but I think you can only get it in Alabama.

It is good. But you're about 6 months too late finding it as the hipsters have latched onto it and ruined it. It's now too popular to enjoy it
Ive heard that the draft version has more % alcohol than the bottled version.

Makes a good root beer float.
By itself, meh, too sweet.

Second the RBF, we did that last week at Mrs. steingar's insistence. Gave the poor girl a hangover.

You've piqued my curiosity, so I picked some up today. Along with some vanilla ice cream. :)

I am not a beer drinker at all. I can count on one hand the number of beers I have had in the past decade plus. The fact this doesn't take like beer, is a huge plus for me.

I'm not into sweet booze. This is true whether I'm drinking beer, liquor, or wine. That said, in the context of a root beer float - that sounds interesting!

Haha....I had the same concern....alcoholic root beer and ice cream...no no for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worse than a Kahluah and ice cream or a Creme de Menthe parfait.
Not to worry. Pretty good, in fact.

How does it taste over vanilla ice cream?

Amazing. I will have one in a sitting but no more. Then I usually switch to beer or the hard stuff. A lot of the bars in philly are carrying it now.

Amazing. I will have one in a sitting but no more. Then I usually switch to beer or the hard stuff. A lot of the bars in philly are carrying it now.

Actually had it as a float last night for dessert. It was after 6 hours of various whisk(e)ys and tequilas, but I *really* liked it. Good thing I have a few more bottles and a lot more ice cream. :)

Where would a fine and upstanding gentleman procure some of this fabled sweet alcoholic beverage? The internet seems to say that it's only available 160 miles away. :sad:

Where would a fine and upstanding gentleman procure some of this fabled sweet alcoholic beverage? The internet seems to say that it's only available 160 miles away. :sad:

Amazingly you belong to a message board called PILOTS of America. I'll let you think about it...

Back