Not Selling my Experimental

Notatestpilot

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Notatestpilot
I received a post card a few weeks ago from a company named Indy Air Sales.
They’re asking if I’m interested in selling my RV.
Anyone else in the Missouri/Illinois area get such a solicitation?

I received a post card a few weeks ago from a company named Indy Air Sales.
They’re asking if I’m interested in selling my RV.
Anyone else in the Missouri/Illinois area get such a solicitation?
If you own a pa32, you get 3-4 a week.

I get 1 marketing postcard a month from various outfits. 182. The past year I’ve gotten 3 unsolicited offers from individuals.

I'm not selling my experimental either ... but just keep peeling off federal reserve notes with pictures of Grover on them and I'll let you know when you can stop. :D

Had a developer try that with my house this year. Pretty much told him not to bother until he had a place that I would prefer to move into available. He really wanted my place, he needed it to access and develop the property behind me, I just moved after 28 years in the old house into a newer larger house with about 3 times as much property and only 5 minutes from the airport.

Brian

My plane is not for sale either.

Unless...it is. For the right price.:frog:

Had a developer try that with my house this year. Pretty much told him not to bother until he had a place that I would prefer to move into available. He really wanted my place, he needed it to access and develop the property behind me, I just moved after 28 years in the old house into a newer larger house with about 3 times as much property and only 5 minutes from the airport.

Brian
I knew someone in a similar situation, an empty-nester he bought a smaller house right across the street from a grass strip and a new-to-him airplane. The developer wanted his and two neighbors houses for a gas-station mini-mall... Then, about two months after he closed, the developer, an official with the gas company, and three aldermen were arrested and charged with racketeering. The development never got built and his old house was put up for sale.

Nobody's solicited me to sell my experimental :(, but it's the plane I'll keep until my flying days are over and isn't for sale. I love the 5.5 gph fuel consumption, my ability to perform maintenance and annual condition inspections myself, and its simplicity. When the time comes for me to quit flying, I'll deregister it and donate it to our local aviation museum.

I never received a card either… perhaps I didn’t build it well enough.

I get emails from companies wondering why I haven't accepted their offer on my house.

I email them back stating there was a fire in the kitchen and attic so most of the roof is gone, but I will gladly accept your current offer.

crickets...

I got a call from someone who claimed they worked for a developer, and was I interested in a cash offer for my house? I was still laughing when I hung up.

I've been getting nonstop calls, Emails and texts from folks wanting to buy my house. My answer is always the same: A Million Dollars and some frickn' sharks with laser beams on their heads.
JiMivVagEyTA9UZq3NwQ4G-1200-80.jpg

I got a call from someone who claimed they worked for a developer, and was I interested in a cash offer for my house? I was still laughing when I hung up.
We have a rule at my house: take today's market value, add $150K, and give callers that number. For that much PITA money, I'll move.

We have a rule at my house: take today's market value, add $150K, and give callers that number. For that much PITA money, I'll move.
Not me. I used to say everything is for sale for the right price, but I'm feeling less and less like that as time passes. We've spent a metric buttload of money on upgrades over the past 10 years or so to make this place exactly what we want. I'm not about to go through all of that with another house. It would take at least double the market value of my house to get me to even think about it, and by then my scam alarm goes off and I know it's not a real offer anyway. So really, I'm just not interested in hearing the offer. Either it's too low, or it's not legitimate.

I'm pretty sure there's been a "Get Rich Quick in Real Estate" seminar when I get calls and texts from young sounding people wanting to know if my house is for sale. The answer is always either no, or "Hell, NO! And get off my lawn!" :) I don't have an airplane to sell, and I'd probably have the same answer(s) if I did.

I'm pretty sure there's been a "Get Rich Quick in Real Estate" seminar when I get calls and texts from young sounding people wanting to know if my house is for sale. The answer is always either no, or "Hell, NO! And get off my lawn!" :) I don't have an airplane to sell, and I'd probably have the same answer(s) if I did.
I've got a unique setup having 2 houses on one parcel. The current tenants asked if I'd be interested in selling. Even if I was, it would mean subdividing. I used that as an excuse to tell them no. They didn't get the hint and asked if they paid for a lawyer and a survey. Nah, I'm good.

Got a call tonight from a fellow pilot that wants to take a look and possibly a get ride in my plane (weather permitting) as he's looking at one like it to purchase. He's seen mine before and we met once a few months ago. I've looked at the ad for the one he's interested in and I think it's overpriced but that's not my business unless he askes my opinion. Mine is not for sale unless he gets really crazy with an offer ...

@Notatestpilot This subject is really interesting. I'm on the email list for new listings with Indy Air Sales and have wondered where they receive a constant stream of inventory from. Did they offer you a number for your RV or just a "feeler"?

My 180 is for sale if the cash offer is for 10 million.

My farm is also for sale if the cash offer is 1 billion.

That’s probably it. I used to hold some Notes on properties and get those cash for your Trust Deed things that spawned out those kinds of ‘seminars.’ Always wondered what the seminar cost and how many actually made some money off of it.

That’s probably it. I used to hold some Notes on properties and get those cash for your Trust Deed things that spawned out those kinds of ‘seminars.’ Always wondered what the seminar cost and how many actually made some money off of it.
Lots of money made off giving the seminar.

best way to get rich in a gold rush is selling gold mining equipment.

Ok, I'll trade ya.!! :lol::lol:

Zimbabwe-Dollar-One-Hundred-Trillion-Dollars.jpg

(Zimbabwe Dollars – 1 Hundred Trillion Of Them Is Probably Worth Less Than A Sheet Of Toilet Paper!)

Last edited:
@Notatestpilot This subject is really interesting. I'm on the email list for new listings with Indy Air Sales and have wondered where they receive a constant stream of inventory from. Did they offer you a number for your RV or just a "feeler"?
Just a feeler…

Back