Not flying much lately, and worried about my plane

I really wouldn't worry about it, much of the sitting thing is a OWT.
Not necessarily an OWT. Depends ALOT on location if it’s sitting. I wouldn’t worry too much about a light use airplane sitting in a hangar in the DFW area like I’d worry about the same airplane hanging out in Florida or some other spots on the eastern seaboard.

Not necessarily an OWT. Depends ALOT on location if it’s sitting. I wouldn’t worry too much about a light use airplane sitting in a hangar in the DFW area like I’d worry about the same airplane hanging out in Florida or some other spots on the eastern seaboard.

There are also plane that sit in TX and end up with corrosion, and vise versa, until you prebuy you just don't know.

The difference in humidity between Dallas and Houston is night and day.

I think you should be happy with your choice to have the plane hangared btw:

BtPf6w3.png

zKOWGCi.png

Now it is tornadic. Be safe!

The National Weather Service in Fort Worth has issued a * Tornado Warning for... Collin County in north central Texas... * until 615 PM CDT. * At 536 PM CDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado was located near Prosper, or near Frisco, moving southeast at 25 mph. Hazard...tornado and tennis Ball size hail. Source...radar indicated rotation. Impact...flying debris will be dangerous to those caught without shelter. Mobile homes will be damaged or destroyed. Damage to roofs, windows, and vehicles will occur. Tree damage is likely. * This dangerous storm will be near... McKinney around 540 PM CDT. Plano around 550 PM CDT. Allen, Fairview and Parker around 600 PM CDT. Lucas and Lowry Crossing around 605 PM CDT. Richardson, Sachse and Murphy around 610 PM CDT. Wylie around 615 PM CDT. Other locations impacted by this tornadic thunderstorm include Josephine, New Hope, Lavon, St. Paul and Nevada. Precautionary/preparedness actions... Take cover now! Move to an interior room on the lowest floor of a sturdy building. Avoid windows. If you are outdoors, in a Mobile home, or in a vehicle, move to the closest substantial shelter and protect yourself from flying debris.

FWIW, Blackstone considers an engine to be inactive if its had less than 5 hours put on it within the past month.

If you don’t have time to fly, it would be best to atleast ground run the engine as often as possible to keep things moving.

What business is Blackstone in?

Back