Not exactly a fish they hauled aboard [NA]

I can appreciate any concern he may have had for his perishable cargo but when you get the govt. involved what do you expect? His greed overcame his sense. If you don't know what it is you leave it alone. Sometimes, even if you know what it is you don't come near and you don't haul it aboard.

Richard said:
I can appreciate any concern he may have had for his perishable cargo but when you get the govt. involved what do you expect? His greed overcame his sense. If you don't know what it is you leave it alone. Sometimes, even if you know what it is you don't come near and you don't haul it aboard.

Yeah, imagine if it was an adrift mine he decided to haul aboard! KA-BOOOOM!

Troy Whistman said:
Yeah, imagine if it was an adrift mine he decided to haul aboard! KA-BOOOOM!

Not only can it go KA-BOOM, it can also go HEAVE TO, PREPARE TO BE BOARDED.

We were outbound on a trip and about 20 nm offshore we passed several large bales wrapped in plastic. We were transiting the shipping lanes right about here so it was reasonable to think these were something that fell off a ship. Wrong! Not only did we not stop, we changed course a bit to get further away from the flotsam. I later heard that a fishboat that did pick up the bales was being held for suspicion of drug running. Sounded like a stake out.

OTOH, if I ever smell or spot ambergris we'll stop and do anything short of swamping to put it on deck.

Back