Not bad for a Warrior

You have me beat! I thought I was really moving last Friday flying down to St Simons at 155 knots.

I also had a great tail wind this afternoon flying back home from Copperhill Tennessee 1A3, but was only doing 135 knots.

Attachments

• IMG_2829.JPG
    IMG_2829.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 39
What brought you to my neck of the woods?
My brother's birthday. I flew up and took he and his wife to lunch at Pat's Country Kitchen to celebrate. Were you at the airport?

I wasn't really sure if I was going to be able to go today. When I pulled up my DUATS weather briefing in WingX this morning it had a NOTAM for my home airport saying they were filling cracks and painting the runway. I went ahead and drove to the airport and they were able to let me get out. They had a major equipment failure and said they would not resume work until Monday. So it all worked out great. I was a little later lifting off this morning than I otherwise would have been, but at least I was able to get out.

Last edited:
Sorry I missed you. We took off for our Lenoir City, TN digs about 10A and I got back around 3P or 4P. Next time lets try to touch base!
I would love to do that. I'll shoot you a PM next time. I actually got to meet Mr. Campbell today that started the airport. It was interesting talking to him about how the airport got started. Sounded like he had quite an aviaton career.

The question is, did you turn around, drop the flaps, and get the GS down to 0?

I've "hovered" down to the single digits before but couldn't get quite to 0.

My level cruise groundspeed range is 68-186 knots at 7500-10,000 msl.

It seems that whenever I’m trying to go somewhere, I have a headwind in both directions.

It’s all fun and games until you try to go the other way..

Actually going the other way was first, down low and only about a 20 kt headwind. Indicated was around 115, GS 95?

Back