Not allowed to cancel?

Overseas???

Yeah, Bagram Afghanistan. That place was a disaster waiting to happen. Busy and had contract controllers with various levels of experience. Can’t believe we didn’t have any midairs there.

Speaking of misunderstanding rules, we had a brigade letter telling pilots to declare MARSA when delayed by ATC. Somehow it got passed down that we had this “get out of jail free card” that we could use MARSA to override any .65 separation criteria. I called tower about the letter, which they didn’t even have or sign and the sup just laughed. Obviously, that’s not how MARSA is to be used.

Yeah, Bagram Afghanistan. That place was a disaster waiting to happen. Busy and had contract controllers with various levels of experience. Can’t believe we didn’t have any midairs there.

Speaking of misunderstanding rules, we had a brigade letter telling pilots to declare MARSA when delayed by ATC. Somehow it got passed down that we had this “get out of jail free card” that we could use MARSA to override any .65 separation criteria. I called tower about the letter, which they didn’t even have or sign and the sup just laughed. Obviously, that’s not how MARSA is to be used.

My “Overseas???” was meant as bent and misunderstood rules happen here all the time to. You don’t have to go overseas to get that

My “Overseas???” was meant as bent and misunderstood rules happen here all the time to. You don’t have to go overseas to get that

Oh, gotcha. As evidence in the OP’s situation.

Back