Nose Bleeds

Crashnburn

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Crashnburn
I searched the forums, but found no references to nose bleeds. I'm asking because Nov of 2014 I had a severe nose bleed; bad enough I went to the doctor, and had them cauterize it. I've had no recurrence, since. I've flown in airliners since, so I know I'm good at least to 8,000 feet altitude.

I remember my last FAA medical had a question about nose bleeds. When I go for my next medical (I haven't been flying so no need for a medical) what kind of paperwork will I need to show that nose bleeds won't be a problem.

My guess is just a simple status letter from the doctor that looked at you and did the cauterization. Again guessing, have them summarize what you presented with, their findings, their actions, and their summary that you are good to go, this doesn't present any safety of flight issues, and that you are not being followed for anything significant.

Then at next AME exam, report the incident if required, provide the explanation on the 8500-8 form, supply the doctor note, and hopefully observe the yawn from the AME.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back