Northwest Aviation Conference and Trade Show

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
Barb and I were up and rolling before 07:00 this morning to travel to Puyallup Wa. 3 hour drive south. We dropped Bobbie (our Dog) off at your daughter's house in AWO So she would not have to stay home alone all day.

WE always stop at Spencers Aviation supply while we are in town so after dropping $200.00 on little blue fittings for the Fairchild fuel system we were on our way to the Fair Grounds to see what was what.

All the aviation folks that I do business with are always there, ECI's Tim Moreland and I had a great talk about what a great product their new cylinders are. We discusted why nickle verses steel? and he showed me all the new stuff they are manufacturing, "WoW" is all I can say. they will make new pistons for the Warner and the Ranger, how neet is that ?

Avian Aeronautics from Bremerton (PWT) was there too, Gin Nixon is great they are the folks I buy most of my day to day supplies from, she had my last order in her trunk saved me the shipping on the 2 Gill 35 batteries with acid, 4 filters, an ELT battery, and 2 cases of 15W50 areoshell. How nice was that. Shipping was well over $100.00 due to haz-mat charges.

The seat and interior shops were all there too. We talked to several of them about doing the Fairchild seats we like the sling style from Lindean interiors at (BFI) they and doing some pretty seats.

Then it was time to up stairs to hear Phill Boyer speak, and just as luck would have it we met him on the escolater going up. we had a short conversation of welcome back to the great northwest, nice to meet you, etc.

His lecture is about 1 hour but really interesting about giving away the twin. what is happing in DC, all that stuff. the whole place was packed.

Then it was the long trip home.

A DAY WELL SPENT

Tom D.

Tom~
Thanks for the show report... wish I had been able to be there, especially with the weather as nice as it has been the past few days.

How is the Fairchild project going? I tried to access your website to take a look last week and got some sort of error message that prevented me from getting in. Have you changed servers, address, etc?

NC19143 said:
http://www2.whidbey.net/nc19143/index.htm

My ISP got greedy, so I dropped the small office site, and went back to the free site above.

I have not up-dated it in awhile.
Thanks, Tom. I've updated my Favorites to reflect the change.

For anyone who has not seen Tom's Fairchild restoration efforts, take a look at the above referenced site if you want to see craftsmanship at it's finest. Be prepared to stay a while... it's gorgeous!

Tom,

Thanks for the update on the conference. I was planning on attending today (it's a real easy drive from Olympia), but my wife fell off a ladder last Saturday and shattered her left shoulder blade when she landed on the ladder. I needed to stay home and help out.

I hope you update the Fairchild web site. I'm really looking forward to seeing that plane when it's finished. Everything looks like it will be better than new when you're finished with it.

Ghery

NC19143 said:
His lecture is about 1 hour but really interesting about giving away the twin. what is happing in DC, all that stuff. the whole place was packed.

I got the story about the winner from our airport manager who was at the conference. From the way he told it they really did it right. The guy had NO idea.

Good to see you, Tom. Glad you and Barb had a good time at the show.

Louise and I were at Puyallup Saturday. It was too foggy to fly in the morning, even IFR, as there is only one (GPS) approach into Thun. We fought low ceilings and fog the whole way up from Corvallis, about a 4-1/2 hour drive. :(

We were hoping to meet some of the folks from the forum, particularly the fameous Tom D., but, gee, we all look alike (no one with horns, etc) and no one had name tags!

Anyway, we had a great time, and even visited Thun Field on the ground. Had a nice blue-cheese burger while watching the activity. :)

Tyler
N4409R

Back