Northern CA ideas..houseboats?

SloRoam

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
SloRoam
I'm flying from so cal later this week, and wanted to see if there are cool places to stay overnight with my two active younger teen boys.

We were looking at lake Shasta or Clair lake Engle to try wakeboarding, or maybe a houseboat, or a cool water park, or ?

Mountain bike parks are closed, so didn't know if folks have any suggestions?

Claire Engle lake looks cool, but maybe hard to find places to stay, and lake Shasta would be awesome but don't know about transport to and from the lake...

Open to active ideas! We are short field capable, so fly in resorts would be cool as well...

Oroville has houseboats and decent airport...not sure what ground transportation is like to the lake but town is big enough to at least have rental cars where Shasta is bit more remote.

I frequent Lake Almanor. There’s a runway right on the lake. Not sure what the current status for rentals is, but worth a look.

1O2- Lampson by Clear Lake. Will need to find your way(short drive) into town, which is on the lake. Clear Lake is the biggest natural lake outside of Tahoe in the West, I believe. There are a couple shops and a little FBO i think, everyone is friendly on the field and can get you to the town. Cloverdale O60 is right on the Russian River, may be worth looking into that. In the Summer the river is fantastic. Wineries are opening as well so may be more to do for adults - https://www.sonomacounty.com/outdoor-activities/cloverdale-river-park.
I'm sure you can arrange a car from the airport into town(again, short drive).

Back