North Texas

jedi93

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
TS
Does anyone happen to know of any CFIs in the Wichita Falls area? I’m completely hitting a dead end at trying to learn to fly in this area. Seems all the great places art 90 miles away around DFW minus a flight school here that I’ve been told to avoid at all cost.

Does anyone happen to know of any CFIs in the Wichita Falls area? I’m completely hitting a dead end at trying to learn to fly in this area. Seems all the great places art 90 miles away around DFW minus a flight school here that I’ve been told to avoid at all cost.
Not finding anyone at Kickapoo? I thought Cobra Kai was doing ok there?

Not finding anyone at Kickapoo? I thought Cobra Kai was doing ok there?

Cobra kai is there and now known as aerospace next and they are the ones I’ve been told to stay away from by multiple people.

I’m an independent instructor based at KDTO and 52F if that helps any.

Cobra kai is there and now known as aerospace next and they are the ones I’ve been told to stay away from by multiple people.
I’m curious why. Not saying your people are wrong, but that’s the first I’d heard negative. Also, Wichita Falls is a challenging environment for a GA student in my opinion. I’d want an instructor pretty familiar with the military doings.

That’s my opinion regarding knowing the area. None have said why, I’ve just asked a few people in the GA people I’ve met and they said syntax away from there. With the owner being ex Military I’m sure he has a great understanding of the area and I would imagine make sure to implement the same approach into the CFIs that he hires. Maybe it’s the fact they only have a AA5A to train in.

Last edited:
I’m an independent instructor based at KDTO and 52F if that helps any.

Thanks, wish it was closer as Denton is about the same distance I’m traveling now for training. Just hate this area has nothing unless your here for pilot training in the military.

Back