North Texas Aviators, POA version

RyanShort1

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
RyanShort1
Hey, so I’m guessing there are a bunch of POAers on NTA on Facebook. I’m wondering if y’all could participate on a thread here and if some of y’all who like Facebook could let us know when there are events and such going on. I deleted my Fb account about 2 years ago for personal reasons but would still like to know about gatherings and such. It was fun to run into some old acquaintances at RBD last Saturday at the monthly gathering.

Hello Ryan. I don’t do Facebook, but I would also like to know about get togethers. You put the 140 you were ferrying in my hangar a few weeks ago.

Hello Ryan. I don’t do Facebook, but I would also like to know about get togethers. You put the 140 you were ferrying in my hangar a few weeks ago.
Ah! That's cool! Now I have a name and face to go with your posts... thanks again. The owner appreciated that and it was nice meeting you.

Ryan, I'm not in North Texas but still down here in Boerne/Kerrville area. Pretty sure you know my dad Neil. We're still putting around in 123J, if I'm ever headed up to that part of Texas I'll let you know.

Always interested in a local food/bev meetups with local pilots.

I do visit NTA's page, but infrequently. So having a small "megathread" on PoA for us locals would be a good thing.

Ryan, I'm not in North Texas but still down here in Boerne/Kerrville area. Pretty sure you know my dad Neil. We're still putting around in 123J, if I'm ever headed up to that part of Texas I'll let you know.
@david.h That's awesome. I miss talking to your dad!

Always interested in a local food/bev meetups with local pilots.

I do visit NTA's page, but infrequently. So having a small "megathread" on PoA for us locals would be a good thing.
I think Redbird Squadron, CAF may host a fly-in for NTA in September after I met up with some of the guys last weekend if I can get it together at RBD so stay tuned!

Roger That!

In September, Metro Flyers Club will be hosting its quarterly burger feed and WINGS seminar. Once we have settled on dates and details, I'll feed them here.

I was looking at the third weekend for ours...
That's typically ours too.

Check with Mike Montefusco's (ppgs101.com) events notice to see what other aviation activities we might be competing with. Often third weekend gets pretty crowded. Especially in the better flying weather months.

That's typically ours too.

Check with Mike Montefusco's (ppgs101.com) events notice to see what other aviation activities we might be competing with. Often third weekend gets pretty crowded. Especially in the better flying weather months.
Argh. We've got WOP the 1st weekend, I’m booked the 2nd, guess I’ll check on the fourth.

Last edited:
I am an admin on that page and that fact baffles me frequently.
I think it's more of a mascot thing than an actual to be taken seriously position.
They just message me a lot saying "We got this Bryan. No need for you to get involved"

I am an admin on that page and that fact baffles me frequently.
I think it's more of a mascot thing than an actual to be taken seriously position.
They just message me a lot saying "We got this Bryan. No need for you to get involved"
It’s good to have other admins in case if someone getting locked out.

How many folks here have seen the Mid America Flight Museum in Mount Pleasant? It is full of AIRWORTHY warbirds.
I took the club 150 there for XC practice and had a great time! I was amazed at the number of WW2-era planes in pristine condition. The highlights were the D-day C47/DC3 and the Ford Trimotor for me.

Yes and all of those planes are airworthy with only a few in the process of being made airworthy.

I had the pleasure of flying the DC3. Serious bucket list stuff.

A get together at Mount Pleasant ( KOSA) for a visit and trip through the museum would be great.

As far as activities, there is a Pancake breakfast benefiting Operation Airdrop at KDTO this Saturday, 8:00 to 11:00, in the US Jet main hangar. I am planning on being there around 8:00-ish.

Delta Charlie’s has a breakfast the first Saturday of the month and Redbird Squadron will be hosting a “Train8ng Days” event afterwards - geared towards kids, but open to all aviators. Hoping to make it a bi-monthly event to invite community folks and aviators to gather at Redbird with the CAF. Mark Dec. 7, 2019 from 10:00am - 1:30pm down for a lunch at CAF HQ with Redbird Squadron. We’ll be tying in the story of Pearl Harbor and the Civilian Pilot Training Program with modern flight training opportunities for kids and we’d love to have a turnout of local aviators, too.

Delta Charlie’s has a breakfast the first Saturday of the month and Redbird Squadron will be hosting a “Train8ng Days” event afterwards - geared towards kids, but open to all aviators. Hoping to make it a bi-monthly event to invite community folks and aviators to gather at Redbird with the CAF. Mark Dec. 7, 2019 from 10:00am - 1:30pm down for a lunch at CAF HQ with Redbird Squadron. We’ll be tying in the story of Pearl Harbor and the Civilian Pilot Training Program with modern flight training opportunities for kids and we’d love to have a turnout of local aviators, too.
Any interest in a POA meetup, too?

Oh, great. I'm in the area and I find out The Beacon is closed.

Where do all the NTA folks get breakfast on Sunday morning now?

It could be sort of a meetup...

Oh, great. I'm in the area and I find out The Beacon is closed.

Where do all the NTA folks get breakfast on Sunday morning now?

It could be sort of a meetup...
I usually go to the Red Barn, across the street from KSLR.

Back