North East Flyers-July Event

GMascelli

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
GaryM
North East Flyers

CAPE MAY, NJ - KWWD
Saturday, July 25th 11AM Brunch at the Flight Deck Diner.

After stuffing the gut we can all waddle our way over to the Naval Air Station Wildwood Museum for a look see at all the static displays. The beach and boardwalk is approximately 5 miles. Car rentals are available at the main terminal. Contact Ace Sharper,609-889-7722.

Some folks may want to make a day of it others may want to spend a night, or two. I provided a few hotel locations and info if anyone is interested.

The Mooring - http://www.themooring.com/
The Heritage Motor Inn - http://www.heritageinncapemay.com/
Hotel Macomber - http://www.hotelmacomber.com/
Stockton Motor Inn - http://www.stocktoninns.com/

NAS Wildwood Info:
Naval Air Station Wildwood Foundation is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to restore Hangar #1 at the Cape May Airport, Cape May County, New Jersey, into an aircraft museum honoring the Navy airmen who died while training during World War II.

Naval Air station (NAS) Wildwood was commissioned on April 1, 1943. The site served as an active dive-bomber squadron training facility from 1943 to 1945. Aircraft stationed at NAS Wildwood included TBM Avengers, Douglas Dauntlesses, Vought Corsairs and Curtiss Helldivers. Forty-two airmen perished while training at NAS Wildwood during World War II.

Screen Name..........# Attending..........Tail #........Aircraft.........Base
---------------------------------------------------------------------
GMascelli..........(Gary&Mary)....2.........N28679......Archer II........KILG

Last edited:
Gary , that sounds interesting . I'll have to see if i can make it.
Dave G

GMascelli..........(Gary&Mary)....2.........N28679 ......Archer II........KILG
JuggyJet..........(Ted & Susan)..2.........N521KB.......SenecaII+.......N07
JoeM................(Joe).............1.........N7 127W......Cherokee........FWN

UPDATE

JoeM................(Joe).............1.........N7 127W......Cherokee........FWN
jmagger............(Jeff & Jeanette)..2 ....N92764.......C182..............PVG

Gary, hope ya'll have a ball and glad to see that you're back in the air. We'll be steering towards the North40.

Gary, hope ya'll have a ball and glad to see that you're back in the air. We'll be steering towards the North40.

PM me your tail number so we can at least track you. I hope you and Beth have a blast! I'm already looking forward to your write up.

Hey! who packed the cereal??????????? :smilewinkgrin:

UPDATE 7/17

jmagger............(Jeff & Jeanette)..2 ....N92764.......C182..............PVG
Rams_law.........(David & ????) 1+........N6657H.......C172............KHWV

Avi8tor4fn is a definite maybe for 2..........................................KFDK

Wx is looking good! Mary and I will be getting a rental car to hit the local shops, she wants a wooden propeller to put in the family room maybe over the fireplace. We also thought about taking the Cape May ferry over to Lewes (yeah, more shops) for a few hours before coming back for dinner in cape may.

Cape May County, New Jersey

Saturday
Partly sunny. Highs in the upper 80s.

Saturday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 60s.

Can't make this one - shame, really like Cape May. But glad you are back in the air. Hope all this gunk moves out and the skies are fair!!

Gary

Finally Home! Got into ILG around 8pm maybe maybe 7:45ish. Great time and as always great to see everyone. I must say if Dave didn't pedal his bike 5 miles each way the ladies would have tied the gents on attendance.

The Ferry ride was fun both ways although coming back to cape May there was no breeze at all.....I couldn't wait to get back in the air. We did make a stop at the inlaws on the way home to sample some of the crabs we purchased at Lazy Susans.......ummmm GOOD!

Hope Ram's family had fun in Wildwood and Jeff and Jeanette had a good time strolling the washington street mall. Don and his lovely Bride headed home and it sounds like conditions improved.

FUN DAY!!!!

I did talk to Susan (JuggyJet-Ted's Bride) and they were too tired to attempt a dinner meet up in Cape may and opted to head north back home. We'll catch up soon!!

Hey Gary,

Sounds like a good time was had by all! We had a date w/ the boat and LI sound. Hope to catch you at the next one!

Back