North East Flyers - January Event

GMascelli

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
GaryM
The first fly-in of the new year!!

January 24th 11A.M.

First stop on the North East Flyers calendar is Reading Regional Airport/Carl A Spaatz Field Reading, Pennsylvania. An 11 A.M. gathering for good eats at the Malibooz Bar & Grill along with a fun filled day stepping back in time as you walk through all of the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum aircraft on display.

ADMISSION FEE to the museum is $6 for Adults , $3 for Children 6 to 12, and free for 5 and under. Admission is free to Museum Members. You may want to sign up on the spot, or you can read about membership and BECOME A MAAM MEMBER on-line.

Screen Name..........# Attending..........Tail #........Aircraft.........Base
---------------------------------------------------------------------
GMascelli...............2 (Gary&Mary)........N28679.......Archer II.........KILG

Last edited:
I'll say I'm a tentative yes. I've really been wanting to make one of these events and this sounds like a great one to shoot for. I just have to check with the boss (wife), because her mom is coming to town sometime at the end of this month and I KNOW she won't like me leaving her alone while I go play pilot :no:

I'll say I'm a tentative yes. I've really been wanting to make one of these events and this sounds like a great one to shoot for. I just have to check with the boss (wife), because her mom is coming to town sometime at the end of this month and I KNOW she won't like me leaving her alone while I go play pilot :no:

changed the date to the 24th , a saturday.

Hmm,.. can't fly there that day, as Becky is away from 10-1pm. I'm flying at Wings at 3pm,... but maybe I can drive over if the girls are feeling good and meet you guys for lunch at least, then drive back in time to drop the girls off with Becky and head to my lesson. Close in timing,... but might be possible.

Now, if I complete the Diamond Checkout this weekend,... then I'm sure I can make it an possibly tour the museum too. I'll update status after Saturday.

GMascelli...............2 (Gary&Mary)........N28679.......Archer II.........KILG
RobSchaffer...........3 (rob/Ally/Bella).....CLR2TKF.....Mazda 3s........Lansdale (Tentative)

RobSchaffer...........3 (rob/Ally/Bella).....CLR2TKF.....Mazda 3s....Lansdale (Tentative)
Teller1900..............2 (Matt/Junelle)......654MS........DA-40 XLS......KCPK (Tentative)

The boss said yes, now I just have to hope the plane is back on the line in time!

RobSchaffer...........3 (rob/Ally/Bella).....CLR2TKF.....Mazda 3s....Lansdale (Tentative)
Teller1900..............2 (Matt/Junelle)......654MS........DA-40 XLS......KCPK (Tentative)
Gil Velez.................2 (Gil & Sue)..........N5288T.......C172S............KHPN

Updated from the Red board.....

GMascelli.........2 (Gary&Mary).....N28679.....Archer II.........KILG
Avi8tor4fn.......1 (David Krump)...N75229.....P28A-140.....KFDK (PBP)
SLagonia.........2 (Sal & Loretta)...N2729V....C77R..........KHPN.....
RobSchaffer.....3 (rob/Ally/Bella)...CLR2TKF.....Mazda 3s....Lansdale (Tentative)
Teller1900.......2 (Matt/Junelle).....654MS......DA-40 XLS......KCPK (Tentative POA)
Gil Velez..........2 (Gil & Sue).........N5288T.....C172S.........KHPN
AJones822........1 (Al)................N231DF.....M20K...........KCDW
Fordan............1 (Bob)..............N329SP.....C172S..........N14
RudyP.............1 (Rudy).............N135SR.....SR22...........N07

Weather forecast is looking good! These are the latest TAF available:

Reading, PA

FM240600 30010KT P6SM SCT050 BKN100
Forecast period: 0600 to 1200 UTC 24 January 2009
Forecast type: FROM: standard forecast or significant change
Winds: from the WNW (300 degrees) at 12 MPH (10 knots; 5.2 m/s)
Visibility: 6 or more miles (10+ km)
Ceiling: 10000 feet AGL
Clouds: scattered clouds at 5000 feet AGL
broken clouds at 10000 feet AGL
Weather: no significant weather forecast for this period

White Plains, NY

Text: FM240700 31010KT P6SM VCSH SCT040 BKN100
Forecast period: 0700 to 1200 UTC 24 January 2009
Winds: from the NW (310 degrees) at 12 MPH (10 knots; 5.2 m/s)
Ceiling: 10000 feet AGL
Clouds: scattered clouds at 4000 feet AGL
broken clouds at 10000 feet AGL
Weather: VCSH (showers in vicinity)

Let's see what the new TAF brings on.

New TAF available, these cover the period of our fly-in:

Reading, PA

Text: FM241400 31016G26KT P6SM SCT040
Forecast period: 1400 to 1800 UTC 24 January 2009
Winds: from the NW (310 degrees) at 18 MPH (16 knots; 8.3 m/s)
gusting to 30 MPH (26 knots; 13.5 m/s)

White Plains, NY

Text: FM241400 31013G23KT P6SM SCT040
Forecast period: 1400 to 1800 UTC 24 January 2009
Winds: from the NW (310 degrees) at 15 MPH (13 knots; 6.8 m/s)
gusting to 26 MPH (23 knots; 12.0 m/s)

I can understand the concerns expressed in the Red Board about the winds. Although these seem manageable, everyone should stick to personal minimums. Looking forward to the first meet of the year.

I gave a call to the restaurant and let them know we have 17 attending. I also called the museum to check on parking. After lunch we can start up and taxi across to the museum, here is where we can park. If you park on the FBO side they will charge you. so make sure to park in front of the museum hangar.

AIRCRAFT PARKING Pilots visiting the museum by air should request taxi to the museum, located on the North ramp of the airport. NOTE: If you park on the FBO ramp, immediately west of the museum ramp, you will be subject to a $10 ramp fee. Instead, for complimentary visitor's parking, park your plane directly in front of the blue-roofed Museum Hangar.

sat_photo2.jpg

Ugh. I knew this would happen. I just got a call from the owner of the FBO letting me know they'd have to cancel my reservation; the Diamond is still down for a prop AD. This makes 2 months, now. And the Arrow is in for its annual. I'm affraid I'll be a no-go for this one. I swear I will make one of these events, one of these days! I hope everyone has a great time, and I look forward to seeing pictures!

Ugh. I knew this would happen. I just got a call from the owner of the FBO letting me know they'd have to cancel my reservation; the Diamond is still down for a prop AD. This makes 2 months, now. And the Arrow is in for its annual. I'm affraid I'll be a no-go for this one. I swear I will make one of these events, one of these days! I hope everyone has a great time, and I look forward to seeing pictures!

Crap happens, as they say :rolleyes: hope catch up on another fy in.

RobSchaffer.....3 (rob/Ally/Bella)...CLR2TKF.....Mazda 3s....Lansdale (Tentative)
Teller1900.......2 (Matt/Junelle).....654MS......DA-40 XLS......KCPK (Tentative POA)
Bob...........1-1/2 (Colby)............Honda (not the Jet) (Tentative)

--->Rob .... E....R...A...S...E....D.... :)
Bob...........1-1/2 (Colby)............Honda (not the Jet) (Tentative)

Maybe next time guys... Gusty winds, was IFR but clearing and temps dropping.. Not a good day to fly or be in the clouds! Catch you next month!

We're home.....

KRDG 241554Z 31020G27KT 10SM BKN050 OVC060 01/M11 A3009

Left side of table......Ryan&Kathy, Steve, Bob, Rudy
Our Waiter - Flynn
Right side of table.......my Bride Mary, Gil&Sue, and Dave? Ahhhhh I can't remember, someone help me out here.....please.

10 out of 17 is not to bad on the first outing. Service and food was good at the Restaurant and conversation was buzzing. The museum was interesting but would have been much more fun with room to take some pictures and if the paint smell wasn't overwhelming. All the aircraft were packed in the hangar pretty tight.

Thanks everyone!!!!!

Time to work on my flight journal posting......the numbers at ILG when we landed on runway 1, KILG 242051Z AUTO 31017G26KT 10SM CLR 01/M13 A3016

Attached Thumbnails

We're home.....

KRDG 241554Z 31020G27KT 10SM BKN050 OVC060 01/M11 A3009

Left side of table......Ryan&Kathy, Steve, Bob, Rudy
Our Waiter - Flynn
Right side of table.......my Bride Mary, Gil&Sue, and Dave? Ahhhhh I can't remember, someone help me out here.....please.

10 out of 17 is not to bad on the first outing. Service and food was good at the Restaurant and conversation was buzzing. The museum was interesting but would have been much more fun with room to take some pictures and if the paint smell wasn't overwhelming. All the aircraft were packed in the hangar pretty tight.

Thanks everyone!!!!!

Time to work on my flight journal posting......the numbers at ILG when we landed on runway 1, KILG 242051Z AUTO 31017G26KT 10SM CLR 01/M13 A3016

Attached Thumbnails

I see no thumbnails :dunno:

Back