Norman, Oklahoma (O44) fly-in, Saturday 02/25/06

"Wheel Panties." :D

Man, I saw a post about OK in 'Cool places to fly' and I just had to look...

Maybe there should be a forum for 'not so cool places but okay because they're close to fly'.

Or, 'not really a cool place, more like a fuel stop places to fly'.

Or, 'man, I just got to altitude, I'm not going down there unless I really, really have to places to fly'.

Or, 'hey, when ya' gotta' go, ya' gotta go' places to fly'.

Or, 'it's not really a cool place, but if ya'll would fly in all together then it would be a, maybe, a cool places to fly'.

Or, 'it depends upon what the definition of cool is places to fly'.

Or, 'we're on the way to cool places to fly'.

Last edited:
Great. Just sent the Tulsa area guys the link. See ya there unless we are at the hosptal with a newborn.

Brent Bradford

Great Brent, hope you can make it. What will you be flying? Who is having the baby? My brother and his wife are also do any time during the next week, hope it isn't on the 25th. I'll still be there either way. Hope the weather cooperates.

I might be able to make this one.

If the weather stays clear, I will give it my best!

Great...the more the better. Just keep in mind it is a 2100' strip. CTAF is 122.9, the field is on the sectional, but the CTAF isn't.

Hey, Richard, there are lots of cool places to fly to in OK, and they are a very aviation-friendly state (quite a few state parks have airstrips and they are well-maintained).

Face it, there are a lot of parts of California I could go my whole life without seeing again (call the Blythe Chamber of Commerce...).

SteveR said:
Great...the more the better. Just keep in mind it is a 2100' strip. CTAF is 122.9, the field is on the sectional, but the CTAF isn't.
Great, thanks for the information!

SCCutler said:
Hey, Richard, there are lots of cool places to fly to in OK, and they are a very aviation-friendly state (quite a few state parks have airstrips and they are well-maintained).

Face it, there are a lot of parts of California I could go my whole life without seeing again (call the Blythe Chamber of Commerce...).
Hey, Spike. Thanks for catching my act. I was just poking some fun. It just hit me when I first saw this thread. Awhile back, when I was trying to be funny, someone told me not to quit my day job. Good advice.

Yep, CA has some aprts which don't need to be experienced. Reminds me of a joke: I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is there are lots of them. The bad news is they are pretty crappy aprts.

Re: Norman, Oklahoma (O44) fly-in, Sunday 02/26/06

Arrive at between 11 & 11:30.

After talking to as many people who are coming as I could, it sounds like Sunday would be better for everyone due to weather. New time is 12:00 on Sunday instead.

O44 CTAF is 122.9 (the CTAF is not listed on sectionals)
AWOS is 119.55 (KOUN).
Left traffic.

If you get there late and no one is around, walk down the dirt road to the red-roof building across the street (~1/4 mile south, see map below). That is where we'll be eating lunch.

O44 is in my GPS database and on the sectional, but here are the approximate Lat/Long coordinates:
Lat: 35* 05' 32.254 N
Long: 97* 20' 11.104 W
O44.jpg

Last edited:
Back