Norfolk, Nebraska; Barnstormers Fly In Bar & Grill (KOFK)

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
There is a new restaurant on the Norfolk, Nebraska Airport (KOFK) called Barnstormers. It is located in the old terminal building. This place is the best thing to happen to aviation in Nebraska in decades! Barnstormers has to be seen to be appreciated! World Class! A nice sit down restaurant, a grill to order area, banquet room and there is a pilots lounge area with a pool table! Nice breakfast buffet on weekends. Call ahead to see what they got.

This is gonna be a great destination for pilots from all over! Spread the word and help support it! Have your next fly in meeting there! EAA meetings! Poker run final destinations! They will have limo service to local motels if you want to stay over night! This is a perfect fly-a-way, destination, stay over place!

Their phone number is 402 371.8050

Hours are 10-10 7 days a week!

Pass this on to everyone you know that flies the Midwest!!

Perfect timing for OSH!

Last edited:
Barnstormers_Front.jpg

Barnstormers_Table.jpg

Barnstormers_Bar.jpg

Cool! Been looking for a nice place to take friends out to eat and not have to worry about a courtesy car. Thanks!

This is awesome!!!! Perfect Cross Country destination for anyone..including my students!! I heard there were rumors of this place but I'm glad to hear it's finally open. Hope you dont mind if I borrow a few of these pics to post on our facebook page. Nebraska has really been begging for a place like this!

Flew up there last weekend. Great food. GREAT atmosphere. I agree. I've dreamed about a place like this withing an hour of Lincoln for a long time. They WILL be getting my business.

I flew up there with a student Friday evening, the place was *BUSY*. We had to wait awhile but it was worth it. Glad we finally have a destination like this so close.

I'm thinking about heading up there Thursday evening on my birthday with Danielle, if I can convince myself I should spend the money :)

That looks terrific... I've flown into KOFK on several occasions... This takes a really nice airport, and adds some icing on the cake... Runways were resurfaced recently too... ( in the last couple years ).

Can't wait to check it out. :)

Great! I'm glad there's finally a destination for you guys... And it's almost perfectly halfway between my home 'drome and Denver. Now I just need a reason to go to Denver. And some money. :rofl:

EDIT: Looks like they have good fuel prices, too... And hopefully since it's in reasonable proximity to Omaha, Lincoln, and Sioux City among others, there'll be enough traffic to keep 'em in business. For those who have been there, does it seem like most of the traffic was local, fly-in, or a combination of the two?

Last edited:
Great! I'm glad there's finally a destination for you guys... And it's almost perfectly halfway between my home 'drome and Denver. Now I just need a reason to go to Denver. And some money. :rofl:

EDIT: Looks like they have good fuel prices, too... And hopefully since it's in reasonable proximity to Omaha, Lincoln, and Sioux City among others, there'll be enough traffic to keep 'em in business. For those who have been there, does it seem like most of the traffic was local, fly-in, or a combination of the two?

Local...by far.

This is awesome!!!! Perfect Cross Country destination for anyone..including my students!! I heard there were rumors of this place but I'm glad to hear it's finally open. Hope you dont mind if I borrow a few of these pics to post on our facebook page. Nebraska has really been begging for a place like this!

Help yourself T! No copyright infringement here! :rofl:

I flew up there with a student Friday evening, the place was *BUSY*. We had to wait awhile but it was worth it. Glad we finally have a destination like this so close.

I'm thinking about heading up there Thursday evening on my birthday with Danielle, if I can convince myself I should spend the money :)

It was nice seeing you at KCEK!

Come on you cheap skate, open up that wallet and get the economy going! :rofl:

For those who have been there, does it seem like most of the traffic was local, fly-in, or a combination of the two?

Sunday there was 30-40 planes coming in for the B-fast. Clearly, to survive they need the locals, but as the words gets out pilots will certainly help!

Pass the word around!

E-mail me (not pm) and I will send you a PDF of the menu to pass around.

I went with my student at 7pm-ish on a Friday night. They were swamped. We had to wait a hour for a table. All local, we were the only airplane.

Local...by far.

I went with my student at 7pm-ish on a Friday night. They were swamped. We had to wait a hour for a table. All local, we were the only airplane.

Excellent - As much as we wish fly-in customers could sustain places like that, it's the locals that keep 'em open. I've never seen more than three planes at a time at Sheboygan, but there's usually lots of locals there. Having lots of locals bodes well for its future...

Sounds great,although their reviews on Airnav weren't so hot. Will be going there next week to pick up a new lab puppy, so look forward to seeing the field and restaurant.

I may have to stop in one of these days... it isn't to far from ksln.

Flew from KGRI to KOFK this evening and ate here with the wife and a couple friends.

I was impressed. I made reservations and got right in. The food was very good and the atmosphere was nice. I'd recommend it to anyone flying through.

Back