Nor Cal area airplane owners...I want to rent your plane!

Chrisj13

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Chrisj13
Me: 310 hr pilot, CSEL, CMEL, CSES and IR. HP and Complex endorsements. Wanting to add hours quickly, as in flying up and down the state (California) on the weekends.

You: Have a Cessna 172 or less, not flying much, don't like the idea of your airplane sitting for weeks on end unused and deteriorating away.

The deal: I need to get to 500 hours. I'd like to purchase blocks of hours from you (dry) and fly laps around the area from Redding down as far as far south as I can get without hitting any mountainous terrain. No mountain flying, no over water routes, I just need to be behind the yoke for 190 more hours, nothing crazy. Not afraid of legal contracts and would purchase my own insurance policy.

Not opposed to the idea of you flying with me also, I pay for fuel only, and we decide what part I was "PIC" on. Again, I need hours, and with a masters degree in the works I don't have time right now to do the CFI thing.

I can rent a C152 for $84 wet, and a C172 for $103 wet, so it would have to be worth my time financially to make this work.

I have no accidents or incidents in my long and distinguished 300 hrs of flying. Based out of Sacramento, willing to travel if I can knock out a large chunk of hours at one time.

Thanks for reading!

Probably best to say what you want to pay dry.

So basically depending on where you are, you want to pay $60ish dry to fly someones 172 for 200hours, not sure outside of a friend who would work that deal for you.

You would be better off flying for a DZ or something,

Find me a dz that will hire with less than 500hrs, and I dont need to rent. If I had lost my medical or something and my plane was sitting rotting away, I may be motivated to rent it out for peanuts to keep it flying. Not gonna make money, but its not gonna cost me tons of money to repair after sitting for months on end. Just throwing this out there, never know who has what and what their motivations are.

Find me a dz that will hire with less than 500hrs, and I dont need to rent. If I had lost my medical or something and my plane was sitting rotting away, I may be motivated to rent it out for peanuts to keep it flying. Not gonna make money, but its not gonna cost me tons of money to repair after sitting for months on end. Just throwing this out there, never know who has what and what their motivations are.

Yeah, it is hard finding a job outside of 500hrs, you'd just have to look I guess. Also go try to ride right seat on a angel flight or get on "meet up" and try to find some pilots going to burgers to ride shotgun with.

As for costing "tons for money" for a plane sitting in the hangar, as a aircraft owner and pro pilot, I can tell you that's not the case. It's a ok pitch though.

Like I said, aside from REALLY good friends and family (and even thats a maybe) I wouldn't think about doing that type of deal with my plane.

Ether way best of luck.

Last edited:
Back