Noooo!!! Why, Comcast, why?

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Well, bad news. If we stick to the date of August 13th, I'm afraid I'm going to have to miss the fly-in to Sedona.

Comcast, in all their infinite wisdom, have decided to raise the prices in Albuquerque. Along with that, the channel lineups will be changing on - you guessed it - August 13th. All Vacation Requests are cancelled, and mandatory overtime for all days off until we get call volume under control.

Sigh.

NickDBrennan said:
Well, bad news. If we stick to the date of August 13th, I'm afraid I'm going to have to miss the fly-in to Sedona.

Comcast, in all their infinite wisdom, have decided to raise the prices in Albuquerque. Along with that, the channel lineups will be changing on - you guessed it - August 13th. All Vacation Requests are cancelled, and mandatory overtime for all days off until we get call volume under control.

Sigh.
Because, it's Comcast. That's why, Nick...

(Easy for me to say -- I have satellite TV and internet!)

NickDBrennan said:

Sigh.

Oh, you work for Comcast, do ya? :eek: Those people got on my bad side last year when I moved... And they're randomly raising rates again??? Course if they didn't charge so stinking much for cable internet I'd dump Qwest and switch to them cause I dislike Qwest even more.

Trust me, Speed, you are not alone. Comcast is on my list now too, because they keep screwing up my vacation requests.

BAARGHHH! This upsets me.

BTW - price increase is only slated for Albuquerque and surrounding areas. Everyone else's increases will happen at different times I think. This is not a nationwide increase (thank god).

NickDBrennan said:
Trust me, Speed, you are not alone. Comcast is on my list now too, because they keep screwing up my vacation requests.

BAARGHHH! This upsets me.

BTW - price increase is only slated for Albuquerque and surrounding areas. Everyone else's increases will happen at different times I think. This is not a nationwide increase (thank god).
SBC just raised my office DSL service to $51 from $31. No notice, just did it. I'm shopping for a different company. Called cust svc today...they transferred me to "TEAM DATA" who only has weekday hours. Sorry, Suckah, I'm seeing patient during business hours....

Sigh.

bbchien said:
SBC just raised my office DSL service to $51 from $31. No notice, just did it. I'm shopping for a different company. Called cust svc today...they transferred me to "TEAM DATA" who only has weekday hours. Sorry, Suckah, I'm seeing patient during business hours....

Sigh.

That may still be cheaper than the alternatives. Especially since SBC recently won the ruling that they don't have to offer discounted rates to competing companies over their lines.

We're headed to a duopoly - phone company and cable. Pick your poison.

My cable and internet service with Comcast is just horrible. I've had lots of problem TV channels and my internet service has been really flakey for the last 6 months. Wow is offering cable TV, high speed interent and telephone service in my area now and I'm seriously looking at switching.

Anyone have any experience with WOW?

Jeannie

As long as we are bashing Comcast, I wan't at all pleased with the way they handled the DNS server upgrades a few months ago. Apparently they just disconnected them for hours at a time. If you weren't savy enough to change your DNS settings to go to some other DNS server then you had no useful INTERNET access.

Will we ever get a free market economy in cable ie competition? Grrrrr. BTW I don't have cable refuse to get it!!!

AdamZ said:
Will we ever get a free market economy in cable ie competition? Grrrrr. BTW I don't have cable refuse to get it!!!
Try DirecTV, Adam. They're even polite when you need to talk to them (which is essentially never because they're so reliable).

Being way out in the boonies, Comcast offered to hook us up for cable. For 50 grand, would you believe? We declined :no:

Back