Noo..noo..not Google!!

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
omg.jpg

I went to Google a few minutes ago...and..and there was a link for something called iGoogle.

Is there a connection--I hope not..

http://blogs.pcworld.com/techlog/archives/004261.html

...and explained that when the company was putting together the Google Personalized Home Page back in 2005, one of the working names had been iGoogle. But they decided to think of it as a feature rather than a product, and it rolled out with the intentionally mundane name of Google Personalized Home Page. The "iGoogle" name lived on, however, in a way that nobody outside of Google understood--the Personalized page lived at the www.google.com/ig URL. (Some people, she's saying, thought the name of the page was Google iG.)
And here's the first news of the day: Ms. Mayer has told us that two years later, the Personalized Home Page is getting that snazzy name. They're announcing today that it'll be known as iGoogle.
Wonder what Steve Jobs will think of that trademark?

When I first saw it I thought it was one of those specialized graphics they throw up for special days.

//not a fan.

Well, as long as it has nothing to do with Apple, I'll support it.

In fact, I think iPoA would be a good name!

Ahh right right... what Microsoft folks do is assimilation. When the Mac folks do the same thing, it's "evangelization." My mistake. ;)

Wrong analogy. Mac users urge you to join the Federation in interests of peace and sharing of resources and technology. Microsoft is the Borg. You will be assimilated. :D

Well then, be sure to read up on Steve Jobs' Q&A session at the last Apple shareholders meeting.

My favorite answer:

Steve Jobs said:
“I wish it was just a matter of writing checks. If it was just a matter of spending money, Microsoft would deliver good products.”

:rofl:

-Rich

Well to be honest I am damn near ready to drop my Google Personalized Home page.

I am just sick of this "i" freaking ANYTHING! I am just irritated and may just dump google completely.

Wrong analogy. Mac users urge you to join the Federation in interests of peace and sharing of resources and technology. Microsoft is the Borg. You will be assimilated. :D
You use Linux to be an anarchist.

I use FreeBSD. Does that count? ;)

Man. I can't imagine what would be scarier: An M&A guy using FreeBSD, or the FreeBSD user community knowing an M&A guy uses it :dunno:

Cheers,

-Andrew
still a hardcore Digital Unix fan

Man. I can't imagine what would be scarier: An M&A guy using FreeBSD, or the FreeBSD user community knowing an M&A guy uses it :dunno:
Are we discussing "Murky and Ambiguous"? Those are legal terms, aren't they? :D

The Cardassians (aka the Borg)

What! Are you some kind of Babylon 5 Fan!

Cardassians are not in anyway related to the Borg.

Cardassians are in the same quadrant as the Terran, Klingon, Romulan, etc races. The Cardassians did fight a war with the Federation and lost. But later they did align with the Dominion for another war with the Federation.

Borg on the other hand are not a unique race but a grouping of modified separate races into a collective. The originated in the Gamma Quadrant and are organized into a collective or hive type structure. The Borg are highly technologically modified humanoids.

A real Trekker would have know this and not such an amateur mistake.

:D:D:D

Borg on the other hand are not a unique race but a grouping of modified separate races into a collective. The originated in the Gamma Quadrant and are organized into a collective or hive type structure. The Borg are highly technologically modified humanoids.

Scott, you sure know the Borg quite well!

Communist of the future unite! :D

What! Are you some kind of Babylon 5 Fan!

Cardassians are not in anyway related to the Borg.

Cardassians are in the same quadrant as the Terran, Klingon, Romulan, etc races. The Cardassians did fight a war with the Federation and lost. But later they did align with the Dominion for another war with the Federation.

Cool your jets, nerd-boy.

I meant those previously mentioned as Borg (MSFT) are the Cardassians.

To quote Shatner, "GET A LIFE!"

I couldn't watch STDS9 because it was nothing but, "Those awful Cardassians"

I couldn't watch STDS9 because it was nothing but, "Those awful Cardassians"

And "Gee, things are boring because we're a station and not a ship and we can't really go anywhere. Oh look! A wormhole!"

ST:DS9 really improved when Lt. Cmdr Worf joined up, they got a ship and instead of the Cardasians they had to deal with the Dominion.

Peace and Long Life

Q'pla!

Are we discussing "Murky and Ambiguous"? Those are legal terms, aren't they? :D
Merger and Acquisition, but I think you know that. Others may not, though.

And let's all switch to Andy Tannenbaum's Minix!

Merger and Acquisition, but I think you know that. Others may not, though.

And let's all switch to Andy Tannenbaum's Minix!
I knew but couldn't resist throwing in my own interpretation based on recent experiences. :)

Back