nonaviation app helps keep focus in cockpit

classicrock

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
acousticguitar
when flying, you have to continuously scan your instruments and also scan the airspace around you through the cockpit windshield. you have to keep track of many things: airspeed, altitude, compass heading, planes nose to the outside horizon, other potential aircraft nearby,etc. some of you may find this.....challenging, others VERY challenging. if you do, consider this ( I have no commericial interest in the website)

http://www.brainhq.com
BrainHQ is a paid website that's been around for a while(a competitor is Lumosity). it was designed based on the research neuroscientists have performed. it has categories of exercises to enhance your cognitive processes/development in the brain. I have been using this website for some time but discovered one exercise recently and thought other pilots(student or other) would benefit from it

that exercise is known at Target Tracker. starting with a simulated environment, it gives you objects to keep track of visually. as you progress, it increases the number of objects to track visually. Target Tracker give you lots of practice in visually scanning(and remembering the objects), which is just what you obviously do in the cockpit

Target Tracker is in the Focus My Attention section of Brain HQ.

Attachments

• target tracker.pdf
    991.6 KB · Views: 7
Back